Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well in w.v. if ur a landowner of greater than 300acres (may be little less than that) and if your land is a "habitat zone" in which you dont mow or use pesticides or chemicals than you can obtain a hunting license for the state.
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post
      well in w.v. if ur a landowner of greater than 300acres (may be little less than that) and if your land is a "habitat zone" in which you dont mow or use pesticides or chemicals than you can obtain a hunting license for the state.
      I have no idea...no reason to doubt you. But that does fall within the Ohio guidlines for getting an Ohio license.

--if you haven't taken the course though...I highly recommend it. It will really improve your horizons on things outdoors/sportsmen related.
      An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

I believe you can take the test without going through the classes if your over 18. I know for a fact that you can for the fur taker permit, My son and I both did it that way. You send off for the testing information and they send you the study guide and test. You study on your own, take the test, and send it back in. A couple of weeks later you get your paperwork back through the mail. I'm not for sure, but I belive I seen the same thing for hunters education. It was about 5 to 8 years ago when I did it, so I don't know if they still do this.
        Cincinnati PD

Comment

Originally posted by pat8228 View Post
          I believe you can take the test without going through the classes if your over 18. I know for a fact that you can for the fur taker permit, My son and I both did it that way. You send off for the testing information and they send you the study guide and test. You study on your own, take the test, and send it back in. A couple of weeks later you get your paperwork back through the mail. I'm not for sure, but I belive I seen the same thing for hunters education. It was about 5 to 8 years ago when I did it, so I don't know if they still do this.
          Well, as you see, you need to have the course or the legally held prior license. No other option. I was also a Trapper Ed instructor simultaneously. You must have a valid hunting license before a furtaker permit is valid. Therefore, for a furtaker, you need to comply with BOTH requirements.

Yes, you can take the test, but it is NOT a 'test out' as has been described here. It is a home-study program. You read the material and fill in the questions at the end of each chapter. Then, you go in for a review (actually a condensed class)
          An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Comment

Well, I took the test and got a 99/100. After taking the test I recieved my card that said I had completed the hunter safety education course. The test was taken at the ODNR district office.

Comment

Originally posted by pacers111 View Post
              Well, I took the test and got a 99/100. After taking the test I recieved my card that said I had completed the hunter safety education course. The test was taken at the ODNR district office.

right...it was a hunter education home study course...not a 'test out'

...and congrats!

Comment

Actually it was not a home study test. I did not have any home study materials, I did not have to turn anything in, and did not have any type of review session. It was just a test. I went in took the test, they graded it and gave me my card. Call 1-800-WILDLIFE and ask them about the proficiency test. They will tell you that as long as you are 18 or older you can take JUST the test.

Comment

It was a joke

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6753 users online. 292 members and 6461 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X