300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio hunter safety test

I am taking the hunters safety test tomorrow, and have never hunted before. Can anyone tell me what exactly is on the test??

your not going to the classes?

what part of ohio are you from....
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

if you go to the ODNR website, they have a booklet with everything you need to know...you should know all of that before you even take the test lol. it's kind of important to know everything before taking the test going in blind.

here i will make your life easier.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/...2/Default.aspx

Comment

lol they ask you the parts of a gun, rifle, shotgun etc. its not as easy as ud think. i never took it though, i just went to wal mart in lewis center and asked for a license and they gave it to me! haha
        sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
        Rocky Balboa
        Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

No I am not going to take the classes, If you are over the age of 18 and you have expierience/knowledge of firearms safety and what not you can take a proficiency test to test out of the classes.

Thank you for the information about the study guide, I have had that and been reading it, and just wondered what kinds of questions would actually be on the test.

Comment

I heard its not that hard except for the oral interview. They gave you a list of possible questions for the oral interview right?

Comment

eh what? there is no oral interview....just a freakin test

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post
                lol they ask you the parts of a gun, rifle, shotgun etc. its not as easy as ud think. i never took it though, i just went to wal mart in lewis center and asked for a license and they gave it to me! haha
                Having been an Outdoor Skills Instructor for the Ohio Division of Wildlife for over 15 years....let me give you one little piece of advice.

...the ONLY way you can get a license legally in Ohio is by passing the Ohio Hunter Education class requirements, or, by SWEARING on an OFFICIAL DOCUMENT that you are over 21 and have previously held a hunting license.

In addition to falsification, an M1, consider these sections of 1533

1533.10 Hunting license

No hunting license shall be issued unless it is accompanied by a written explanation of the law in section 1533.17 of the Revised Code and the penalty for its violation, including a description of terms of imprisonment and fines that may be imposed.

No hunting license, other than an apprentice hunting license, shall be issued unless the applicant presents to the agent authorized to issue the license a previously held hunting license or evidence of having held such a license in content and manner approved by the chief, a certificate of completion issued upon completion of a hunter education and conservation course approved by the chief, or evidence of equivalent training in content and manner approved by the chief. A previously held apprentice hunting license does not satisfy the requirement concerning the presentation of a previously held hunting license or evidence of it.

No person shall issue a hunting license, except an apprentice hunting license, to any person who fails to present the evidence required by this section. No person shall purchase or obtain a hunting license, other than an apprentice hunting license, without presenting to the issuing agent the evidence required by this section. Issuance of a hunting license in violation of the requirements of this section is an offense by both the purchaser of the illegally obtained hunting license and the clerk or agent who issued the hunting license. Any hunting license issued in violation of this section is void.
                1533.99 Penalty.
                (A) Whoever violates section 1533.17 of the Revised Code is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree on a first offense and a misdemeanor of the second degree on each subsequent offense.
                An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Originally posted by pacers111 View Post
                  No I am not going to take the classes, If you are over the age of 18 and you have expierience/knowledge of firearms safety and what not you can take a proficiency test to test out of the classes.
                  Thank you for the information about the study guide, I have had that and been reading it, and just wondered what kinds of questions would actually be on the test.

How so? Who is telling you that?
                  An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Comment

it's the take home packet, you fill out all the chapters and then turn it in and that counts as taking the course i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by uanick View Post
                      it's the take home packet, you fill out all the chapters and then turn it in and that counts as taking the course i believe.
                      No...its not a test out at all. You have to do all the bookwork...which is a couple pages of fill-ins at the end of each chapter. Then, you show up for the "review" which is actually a very condensed 4 or 5 hour class before the test.

Comment

If you are over the age of 18 and you believe you have enough knowledge firearms and hunting safety you are able to take the test only. It is a proficiency test to see if you can test out of taking the classes.

Comment

Originally posted by pacers111 View Post
                          If you are over the age of 18 and you believe you have enough knowledge firearms and hunting safety you are able to take the test only. It is a proficiency test to see if you can test out of taking the classes.
                          No...that is completely incorrect. Where ever you are getting that information needs to be corrected. Here is a link to a PDF from the division of wildlife that explains what I've already told you.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/...0Regs%2026.pdf

Here is what you will find at the bottom of the first page (about half way down on the left of your computer screen) in a highlighted box....

To purchase a hunting license, you must do one of the following
                          (apprentice licenses excluded)

• present a previously held hunting license, or
                          • present evidence of having successfully completed a hunter education course (from any state) or
                          • swear that you are 21 years of age or older and have previously held a legal hunting license (from any state).

There is NO test out regardless of your knowledge, and, from teaching the course myself, I can tell you there is MUCH more information in that class than you would initially anticipate and topics most people don't even consider.

Comment

Originally posted by zap View Post
                            Having been an Outdoor Skills Instructor for the Ohio Division of Wildlife for over 15 years....let me give you one little piece of advice.

...the ONLY way you can get a license legally in Ohio is by passing the Ohio Hunter Education class requirements, or, by SWEARING on an OFFICIAL DOCUMENT that you are over 21 and have previously held a hunting license.

In addition to falsification, an M1, consider these sections of 1533

In the great state of w.v. i legally held a hunting license by being a landowner. By having a license in w.v. i legally could obtain one here.

I am a landowner on a farm..... no classes needed.... booyah
                            sigpic

Rocky Balboa
                            Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post
                              In the great state of w.v. i legally held a hunting license by being a landowner. By having a license in w.v. i legally could obtain one here.

I am a landowner on a farm..... no classes needed.... booyah
                              Yes...this is correct. If you are hunting on your own property, you are exempt from the license requirement. This all changes the moment you step foot off your own property to retrieve a deer you shot that fell across the line. Just be cautious is all.

Further, as you say, if you present a legally obtained license from any other state, you can buy one here legally.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5243 users online. 221 members and 5022 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X