300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opotc

Hello everyone, i am interested in obtaining a opotc to increace my chances of gettin a le job in ohio, anyone have any info on whaat tri-c has to offer and how long the academy is, cost,days, evenings? Thanks

I tried to get into Tri-c's academy 2 times, both times it got canceled due to low enrollment and not enough people passing the initial agility test. Cost is around $3,300. They have a day class that's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm that's considered full time, it's 4 1/2 months long. They all so have an evening class that's 5pm-10pm Mon-Fri it's considered part time and is around 8 months long. Check out the Cleveland hts academy, its on the corner of Nobel rd and Montecello rd in Cleveland hts.

Comment

If you can drive a little farther south try the University of Akron's academy. i believe it even gives college credit these days

Comment

Going to a real departments open enrollment academy will be better than a local college. Tri-C's program is a joke and a lot of places won't touch you with a certification from there.

But, the old saying sticks true, any department worth working for will train you.

Comment

100% Certain. I never said he wouldn't but a lot of places will stay away. The director or former director of the course if they didn't can her yet is a walking cluster. After being through a college run academy, a federal academy, and a big departments state academy I can honestly say that they way most private academies are run is far less effective and for the most part is just a money machine for the schools. They really need to limit or eliminate these open enrollment academy programs.

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
            100% Certain. I never said he wouldn't but a lot of places will stay away. The director or former director of the course if they didn't can her yet is a walking cluster. After being through a college run academy, a federal academy, and a big departments state academy I can honestly say that they way most private academies are run is far less effective and for the most part is just a money machine for the schools. They really need to limit or eliminate these open enrollment academy programs.
            I disagree. I went through an Ohio Academy and I was hired on to a dept 3 days before my graduation and more then 50% of us who made it are working somewhere now. Doesnt matter where you got the certificate from, its all up to you and how you present yourself to an employer.
            DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

A few dept's in the Cleveland area USE TO send people through the Tri-c academy. Recently the Tri-c academy has been going through changes in management and it kind of went down hill, but they're trying to get it back on track now. I would highly recommend the academy in Cleveland Heights. All of the instructors there are LEO's, judges, prosecutors and college teachers from the surrounding cities. They are all so one of the few that require you to perform the OPOTA physical agility standards to even get accepted into the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14773 users online. 464 members and 14309 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X