300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinnati pat down policy

I am certainly not knocking Cincinnati PD, but as usual I heard a "rumor" from somone who works in Cincinnati area (not CPD) and a CPD Officer is always in their employment. Supposedly if you do not have probable cause to pat down a suspect, CPD has to have a signed slip, audio and video before a pat down can take place? I know there are CPD Officers on here, please give me the scoop on this if it is true.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Kycop28; 11-02-2008, 09:16 PM. Reason: spell
    DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Searches and pat downs are 2 totally different animals. You don't need probable cause for a pat down.

Comment

Maybe you're asking about a "consent to search" form?

Comment

There are three types of citizen contacts we have. Consensual, Terry, and Arrest.

For the consensual stop, if I want to SEARCH you, I need to have you sign a consent to search form. I also have to ask you in front of my MVR, so its on audio AND video as well as having hard copy of the form. This has absolutely killed my ability to find dope and drug paraphranailia.

For the Terry stop, if I believe you are about to commit a crime, have committed a crime, or match the description of someone that I'm looking for, I can stop you and pat you down for weapons. Notice I said PAT YOU DOWN....big difference from a search.

For an arrest, I'm gonna go in every single pocket, pouch, bag, hat, coat, waistband, etc. that you have as that is a search incident to arrest.
        Why didn't someone tell me the Taser felt like that...

Comment

wow, thats crazy but answers my question. thanks
          DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

It is all based on Constitutional law. It should be the same no matter what the state.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5611 users online. 230 members and 5381 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X