X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police friendly hotels?

Hi,

My family and I will be in University Heights for the weekend. Are there
    any hotels close to John Carroll University that are friends of the police?

Thanks and if you're ever in Chicago and I can help you look me up.
    -------------------------------------------------

They don't care how much you know, until they
    know how much you care.

Originally posted by SgtD401 View Post
    Hi,

My family and I will be in University Heights for the weekend. Are there
    any hotels close to John Carroll University that are friends of the police?

Thanks and if you're ever in Chicago and I can help you look me up.
    Most of the nice hotels that you're going to find in that area will be in the city of Beachwood. As far as police friendly, I'm not to sure. If you want you could send an e-mail from the city's home page, I'm sure they would help you out.
    www.beachwoodohio.com

Comment

Thanks for responding !!!!!!!!!

know how much you care.

Comment

In recognition of the fact that government's are notoriously stingy when paying travel expenses for their employees, just about every hotel and motel in the country offers discounted rooms for government employees. Nobody asks to see travel orders or questions whether you are actually on government business, they just want to see some form of government ID. (FWIW, I still get it with my retired badge and ID card.) Probably half the time they haven't even asked for my ID.

When checking available hotel prices, ask for the "Government Rate." In most (but not all) cases you should find it cheaper than the standard rate. However, sometimes the AAA discount is just as good, so check both if you belong to AAA.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

It all adds up, between the flight, renting a car and $150 a night for a room
          this little trip is gonna cost me a grand. I'm trying to cut costs any-
          way possible.

Not the most ethical thing but WTF....

know how much you care.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtD401 View Post
            It all adds up, between the flight, renting a car and $150 a night for a room
            this little trip is gonna cost me a grand. I'm trying to cut costs any-
            way possible.

Not the most ethical thing but WTF....
            If you feel bad about it, ask what their criteria is for granting the discount (official business or just being a government employee) and let you conscience be your guide.

When you consider that the AAA and the senior citizen discounts are about the same, I don't think the hotels really care whether you are on official business or not.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
              In recognition of the fact that government's are notoriously stingy when paying travel expenses for their employees, just about every hotel and motel in the country offers discounted rooms for government employees. Nobody asks to see travel orders or questions whether you are actually on government business, they just want to see some form of government ID. (FWIW, I still get it with my retired badge and ID card.) Probably half the time they haven't even asked for my ID.

When checking available hotel prices, ask for the "Government Rate." In most (but not all) cases you should find it cheaper than the standard rate. However, sometimes the AAA discount is just as good, so check both if you belong to AAA.
              Is this the same as your AARP card?

Comment

Originally posted by wyattearp View Post
                Is this the same as your AARP card?
                Some will do AARP as well as military discounts. If you go to the reservation website for the hotel or motel you are interested in, they usually give you all the different discount options so you can shop and decide on where you want to stay ahead of time.

A word of caution on the government discount. Some hotels base the government rate on whatever the state government lodging perdiem rate is. In the big cities this may get you a bargain price. However, in smaller towns, this might make the government rate higher than what they charge the average person.

I try to pick chains that not only give discounts, but let you accumulate points for free rooms. I use La Quinta Inns & Suites. They are usually clean, reasonably priced, offer a number of discounts and easily qualify for free rooms after a few stays.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6562 users online. 378 members and 6184 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X