300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio lateral question

I am a fellow Buckeye. Moved to GA 2 years ago to police, however lately have considering moving back home to help out with family. Can anyone advise if there are any departments within 2 hours on Lima,OH that accept laterals? I am certian of the OSP but not really wanting to go through another 20+ week academy.
    Thanks,
    gladtobeaGAcop formerly known as wannabe

Trotwood is having a test in October or November. Shouldn't be too far from Lima

Comment

Mapquest shows Springfield at 1hr 32mins from Lima, they do laterals. Mapquest also shows Reynoldsburg at 2hrs 2 mins from Lima, they also do laterals.

Those are the only ones I'm sure take laterals.
      Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

A lot of Ohio departments take laterals, so that shouldn't be a problem. The problem is that you are not a lateral, you are an out of state transfer, so you need to find out what credit Ohio will give you for your GA cert and how many hours you will have to make up. Call certifications and Standards to get the ball rolling

http://www.ag.state.oh.us/le/training/commission.asp

Comment

He's a lateral if the department allows him to be, at least in terms of the hiring process. To me being a "lateral" has more to do with the hiring/testing process and starting payrate/benefits..

For example I've heard of some places that allow laterals to bypass the civil service test and be placed on a separate list. Once that list is exhausted then they move over the civil service list.
          Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

I guess it depends on how you define lateral and his intent seems to be to be able to bypass the academy process. That said, I guess we need to leave that up to the people doing the hiring. Regardless, certs and standards will point him in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
              I guess it depends on how you define lateral and his intent seems to be to be able to bypass the academy process. That said, I guess we need to leave that up to the people doing the hiring. Regardless, certs and standards will point him in the right direction.
              Sorry re-read his post, it appears he is referring to training more than anything, my appoligies

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5814 users online. 364 members and 5450 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X