300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just A Scary Shame

Im Writing This Becasue Im A Bit Upset With The Columbus Police Dept. More Direct. The Communication Buereau...just About An Hour A Go There Was An Officer In Trouble Call Put Out On Zone 3 With Shots Fired.. And Just At The Same Time Zone 3 Lost All Radio Communications With Officers On The Street..... Now Imagine... Being Shot At And Not Being Able To Reach Radio.... For All You Patrol Officers Im Sure You Can Feel My Frustration.....ill Give Them Credit It For A "qucik Fix" But This "quick Fix" Could Have Came At The Price Of One Of Our Officers...... Sorry For The Caps... Just Venting.

Wow! I could see your frustration. Is this a common problem? With all the budget cuts and limiting on new equipment and officers I pray that there are no further incidents like this one! Be safe and I hope this does not happen again!

Comment

I wish stuff like this would make the news because it would put some pressure on Mayor Coleman to realing his priorities. I cannot believe they have the public outcry on the news about all of the overtime police get yet no one complains about how shorthanded the department is.

Comment

I see what your saying! Trust me I wish they would look to the dangers of being understaffed for the community and especially the officers. I am on the waiting list somewhere hopefully for the December academy so I agree with you when you say that you wish priorities would be reevaluated. Hopefully they realize they are only hurting themselves by not improving the equipment and bringing in the support needed!

Comment

Originally posted by stewill View Post
          Im Writing This Becasue Im A Bit Upset With The Columbus Police Dept. More Direct. The Communication Buereau...just About An Hour A Go There Was An Officer In Trouble Call Put Out On Zone 3 With Shots Fired.. And Just At The Same Time Zone 3 Lost All Radio Communications With Officers On The Street..... Now Imagine... Being Shot At And Not Being Able To Reach Radio.... For All You Patrol Officers Im Sure You Can Feel My Frustration.....ill Give Them Credit It For A "qucik Fix" But This "quick Fix" Could Have Came At The Price Of One Of Our Officers...... Sorry For The Caps... Just Venting.
          Are you a CPD Patrol officer? I'm curious because your spelling needs some work and what's the big deal. Don't you think that hasn't happened before, here or elsewhere? How do you think officers survived before a cruiser radio or walkie? You deal with the situation at hand...good, bad and ugly.
          The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

First I apologize but its hard to have a meeting with your supervisor and effectively type a blog message. but i totally agree that you have to adjust but how many times does this have to happen. next to my firearm my walkie is a crucial tool in any battle against crime... i guess im not frustrated that the systems went down i come from the cell phone industry so i know all about loosing communications, i guess my complaint is that fact that when it happend you coluld clearly hear that no one had any idea what was going on. but like all im just glad no officers were injured and the suspect was taken into custody.

Comment

Learn the proper use of capital letters. Electricity goes out, telephones go down, cars beak down and com systems go down. Are you saying the city has a deficient system and is knowing negligent in its repair or replacement?

Comment

Stewill do you even work for columbus police?

Comment

why does it matter where he worked, the fact is it happened. it all comes down to the will to survive
                  sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                  Rocky Balboa
                  Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

No what I am saying though is that the city does not appear to have a reliable contingency plan in effect for when theese things do happen, its very possible though that Im passing judgement but maybe thats because I lost an very close friend due to lack of police communications. This could have very well been an isolated event and I know that you have to consider the circumstances.

Comment

I'm just curious. Some of his posts put the idea out that he works for the division than the next post contradicts it. Like mentioned above, it happens. I had my radio crap out far more times up north than I ever have down here and got along just fine. People need to be able to react in these situations and use other resources.

Comment

As a person who was there in the radio room that night when zone 3's main air went down it's kind of hard for me to sit here and not say anything. First off, as far as an officer safety issue, Radio could hear all the officers, they just couldn't hear the dispatcher. We had back up walkies there just in case things like this happened! What they found later was that the officers banner caused the channel to shut down. Once they figured outthat the dispatcher couldn't transmit they moved the air to one of the backup tactical channels. Frustrating yes... Life threatining no. There were several people in the room actually listening on walkies at the time main air went out so people knew what was going on. This is just my perspective and I know it looks a lot different on the other end of the radio but we try to take care of our officers and glitches like this happen from time to time

Stay safe out there
                        ~dreamin

Comment

"Police work is not for the faint of heart. Be tough, be strong and be safe."- That says it all. Can I quote you CPD?
                          State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

Thanks, For The Explanation..... For Those Wondering I Work For An Organization That Closely Work With The Department And The Officers On The Street On A Nightly Baisis.. So My Opinion Is More Than An Outside Observation.

Comment

sounds like someone is a ccp aka wannabe...but they still do some work. Like, when something happens, they call the police

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4529 users online. 248 members and 4281 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X