300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 months and still in opota academy

I started the academy 9-10-07 and it is know going on 9-7-08 and I'm still not done yet.We started with 14 cadets and know there are only 3 of use left.We lost some to dt and some to pt and of course we lost 2 guys the day of the pt run.We took the pt test on 8-1-08 and we had our audit 8-10-08 and of course opota found something wrong with a few things that our instructors were lasy about.When they were going threw the sign in sheets opota found that some of the instructors didn't put topic numbers on our sign in sheets so guess what those hours didn't count.So know our written test has been done away with and we have 14 hours to make up.Man we have 4 hrs of dt and 7 hours of pt and few hours of community policing.The funny thing is our commander taught that class if he just would of look through our sign in sheets before the audit some of this could of been fiixed.So all you new cadets out there may want to keep your eyes on your sign in sheets.I hope know one else has to go through all this trouble.I could of started my job thats been waiting on me for 11 months but instead I'm still unemployed and still trying to get out of this police academy.

Ouch.... That's rough. Good luck with that.

Comment

Dude what the heck academy are you in that is 11 months?!?!

Comment

WOW, is this one of them two day a week college style classes??? I have heard of something like that, but never seen one. If so I would talk to the college about getting some of your money back.
        Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

opota academy

Originally posted by nebraska_deputy View Post
          WOW, is this one of them two day a week college style classes??? I have heard of something like that, but never seen one. If so I would talk to the college about getting some of your money back.
          This is a 5 and 6 day academy with evening classes from 5 pm to 9 pm and saturday all day.This academy is run by Buckeye Hills career center in Rio Grande oh.I guess this academy is just not run well.I have heard rumors of the academy being shut down by the state if it doesn't get up to pare.

Comment

I agree with Nebraska Deputy. You gotta be careful about those schools, a lot of agencies won't touch guys who only hold a certification from a place like that. That was a HUGE issue at a few places in northern Ohio.

Comment

My academy was the same as yours mock1, in the matter or scheduling. Monday-Thursday 6pm-10pm. Every Saturday 8am-5pm. A few Sundays 8am-5pm. This lasted for about 7 months I believe. Sorry to hear this. Hope everything gets fixed for you. And yes, fight for some sort of refund. Partial, or full. You deserve it.

Comment

I was in the academy for 10.5 months. Hang in there, it will be worth it when you graduate!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6694 users online. 361 members and 6333 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X