Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update for Columbus PD applicants...cuts!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update for Columbus PD applicants...cuts!

Latest news for Columbus PD applicants waiting for an upcoming recruit class: http://www.10tv.com/live/content/loc...s&cat=&sid=102
    The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Hope fading

I wasn't too worried when I received my postponement letter. The economy is tough. However with the past few months, I am very concerned. I don't want to wait years to get on. I am 2 years in the process now, with the possibility of a few more.

Current officers stay careful and safe. Sounds like you are stretched very thin. I hope and pray there are not any officer safety issues that result from this.

Please keep us posted. Thanks for the information so far.

Comment

My two cents as a recruiter for the fourth largest city in NC; I recognize there are economic challenges in the Midwest. The southeast is growing. As a city recruiter I track the 13 largest NC cites. Twelve of those thirteen cities have open hiring.

There is an option to relocate for a LE position. As a rule we recruit from the high quality candidate base of out-of-state candidates. The preferred hiring groups are currently certified LE, college graduates, and honorably separated service members.

As an example, I still had open academy seats for our next academy that begin on October 22nd. I am actively recruiting for January 14, 2009 and June 10, 2009 classes. Most NC large cities are in a similar situation.

Comment

I read that Chief Jackson is not expecting any money for the 2009 budget or something like that. Would that mean there would most likely be no classes for all of 2009?

Comment

There's widespread rumors about the number of paramedics on CFD dropping extremely low in the next year or two. The drop is coming to fruition for most meaning massive amounts of people leaving, both fire and police.

Just what I wanted to do, take more medic runs for CFD who's got OOS trucks for manpower.

My wife can't get her full-time job soon enough.
          Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

application filing period

I'm wondering the same thing. I got an e-mail today talking about the upcoming application filing period. Not sure why they would want to be testing if there's no light at the end of their money tunnel. I guess I'll give the civil service a call on Monday.

Comment

Because civil service rules state that they will test every year to keep an active and current list. Albeit not frequently with a city the size of Columbus, civil service lists expire all the time with no one hired off said list. I'd bet that a list in Columbus is only good for 1 year..
              Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

So due to the current state of the department, and the fact that they only keep the list for one year. It's probably not worth my time to travel five hours and a days worth of testing?

Comment

I would take it for two reasons;

1. The experience of taking a big civil service test + BPAD (the video portion). At least it's another test you've taken to prepare you for the next department

2. At some point very soon (honestly any time now) the DROP is going to hit in a big way, and CFD/CPD are going to find themselves short by hundreds of employees. I foresee an emergency movement of money to put a class on in '09..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5712 users online. 321 members and 5391 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X