300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to be a LEO in Ohio

Hello everyone, I have a few questions. Will the following things DQ me from getting into law enforcement?

-I'm 21 years old
    -I experimented with Marijuanna once in 2006
    -I was discharged in 2007 from the Marines for an injury (no disability)
    -I have a bad credit score but I am trying to work on that
    -My job history is a little shakey, 4 jobs since last october but i did move twice.

Please let me know if I even have a chance. As stated above, I was in the Marines as a Military Police Officer. Thank you for your help.
    "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
    I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

We are giving test in october. try it out. Canton, Oh

Comment

Originally posted by ess286 View Post
      We are giving test in october. try it out. Canton, Oh
      Wow, thanks! Do you think any of the above reasons will disqualify me?
      "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
      I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
        -I experimented with Marijuanna once in 2006
        -I have a bad credit score but I am trying to work on that
        -My job history is a little shakey, 4 jobs since last october but i did move twice.
        Many PD's are very picky with regards to hiring "the best qualified" applicants. Those listed might not help you when competing against others. Then again, some departments might not consider it that important. I would think the bad credit score will effect your chances the most. Just my opinion.
        The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

A lot of departments will want you to be drug free for 3-5 years.

Comment

It all depends on the size of department you want to work in. Bigger departments will use a microscope on you. Smaller ones seem to let more things slide. Good luck.

Comment

I am not from Ohio and I do not know the standards there. I was in the US Army for 7 yrs and have been working as a Police Officer for 8 yrs. If you were in the Marines and smoked Marijuana while serving, well that might hurt you. They will question the hell out of you about doing drugs while serving with the armed forces. A good friend of mine DQ'ed that way. He admitted everything on application and all. Came down to the Chiefs interview. They tore his a-- up about smoking weed while in the military. Ended up not getting job. I do not know your situation though.

Comment

Why would you smoke weed while being in the Marine Corps, even more so in PMO?!
                amson

Comment

As others have said you will have questions to answer about the marijuana while in the military, and as a military police officer. Pay off all your debts, in this job market jobs are slim, and the competition is fierce.
                  "In valor there is hope"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6908 users online. 366 members and 6542 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X