300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Reinstatement?

Just a question for anyone on reinstatement to an eligibility list/academy. I was in the Columbus Police Academy & left - no marks against me but I had doubts about my ability to do the job. The instructors understood completely & told me it was a good choice, to make sure its where I belong. They told me others have had the same issue & come back to become great officers.

Since then I have been taking some more ride alongs, reading more books by Officers & talking with Officers, asking questions. I now believe its where I belong & want to be - 100%. I want this more than I have ever wanted anything & have resolved all of my doubts.

I know that the December class is on hold so its whenever they get around to having another class. My question is if anyone here has gone through the reinstatement process & how does it work? I have filled out the paperwork & am sending it in but wondered if that was all there was to it? Supposedly I can file the reinstatement papers within 3 years & go back but wondered if that all there is to it?

I also wondered if anyone has gone through this process also & how they did on going back? I have been working on my running, weights, radio codes & core values as if the Academy would be tomorrow.
    Thanks for any advice & appreciate the help.

just my 2 cents, they have far too many applicants to spend time on those not sure if they want the position, you might try another department

Comment

Originally posted by trooperden View Post
      just my 2 cents, they have far too many applicants to spend time on those not sure if they want the position, you might try another department
      I agree! Once you drop out your name prob goes right down to the bottom of the pile.

Comment

I think you just have to retake the VO2, medical, and psych depending on how long you wait to come back to the academy. But there was a guy out of my class that did not pass the first time, came back and graduated. I know other officers who have done the same, some being in your position. Keep up on it and you hopefully can succeed... That being said, just make sure you want it and are committed enough so you don't get out here and get yourself or worse, someone else hurt.

Comment

Academy Reinstatement

JKralC104,

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I definitely am making sure that I am committed to this. In each of my ride alongs & talking with the instructors, each of the officers understood completely & all knew someone who had gone through the same thing so I am far from being the first one to go through this.

From what I have found out it looks like your name goes back into the candidate pool for when they do another pull. If it takes too long then you have to do the medical & VO2.

Thanks again!

Comment

JKralC104 is right, Im glad you feel like you are ready now for CPD. Im sure he is just concerned with the fact that you talked yourself out of it and now you have to talk yourself back into being a police officer. There is no second chance if you make a mistake out there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5818 users online. 306 members and 5512 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X