300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC LEO Coming to Cincinnati. Few Questions

Hi all, as the title states I am a NYC LEO preparing for a visit to the wife's hometown and am seeking some advice. I will be flying in and will be vouchering my service weapon at the job (department policy). By all accounts I have been assured Cincy is a beautiful and safe city but still feel naked without some sort of protection. Can't carry my mace because of TSA regs so i'm looking for an alternative. What are the laws in Ohio regarding pepper spray in Ohio? Where can I purchase some if it is legal for me to possess? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
    NYPD January 2009
    Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
    JST - 9/03/08 - Pass
    Written Psych - 09/15/08 - Completed
    Oral Psych - 09/30/08 - Completed
    Meet with BI - 10/13/08 - Completed

Pepper spray is perfectly legal to own and possess in Ohio. You can purchase at many department stores and even some corner stores. You could always try Walmart. I have actually seen it there. Hope you enjoy Ohio

Comment

Thanks krim. I look forward to Ohio!
      NYPD January 2009
      Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
      JST - 9/03/08 - Pass

Comment

I get made fun of, but I too carry at least something to defend my self when I can't carry a firearm. Not that I doubt my hands on skills, its just nice to have something.

I second the Wal-mart idea, I have seen it there. I have even seen it a Walgreen's and CVS. If not, you will be able to find it at a few local gun shops in norther Cincinnati.

Comment

Originally posted by SCPS PO View Post
          Thanks krim. I look forward to Ohio!
          You should've went further south...

LA DEP: Obvious case of suicide.....shot twice in the back of the head with a bolt action rifle....
          CruiserClass: I took a nap today. It was such a great nap I felt the urge to share my nap with the officer.com world. It was that good of a nap.

That's it. Go check other threads were exciting topics are being discussed, this was seriously just about a really comforting and invigorating 35 minute nap. Move along, nothing else to see here, move along.

Comment

Well, I will be staying in Kentucky....
            NYPD January 2009
            Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
            JST - 9/03/08 - Pass

Comment

You have to leave your weapon in NY when you leave the State?

Comment

You wont need anything unless your staying in the projects. Just carry a pocket knife. Make sure to visit the Hoffbraugh House at Newport on the Levy.

Comment

You can bring your gun with you. It has to be in a locked box and sent with the luggage.
                  -Stay safe

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3891 users online. 170 members and 3721 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X