300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSP Basic Class

The OSP Basic class starts tomorrow. I will be there with one other from my department. Anyone else going to be there??? Good Luck!

Update, please come and tell us how much it sucks

Comment

ess286, please explain that statement

Comment

I think you ****ed off the trooper. Watch your speed.
        The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

It's never a good idea to make a trooper, retired or not, angry

Anyway, car9cop do tell us how your experience is going when you have the time.

Comment

just wanting input on "how much it sucks", from a seasoned veteran officer making a statement like that, as to it relating to living conditions, training schedule, training instructors etc. The last trooper I broke in, is a Lt on the academy staff, and I would gladly pass this info on to him. We try hard to make our guests comfortable

Comment

I logged in today to look for an update on Car9 and how he's doing. I'm sure with trying to keep his notebook up to date and seeing family, his internet time on the weekend is surely minimal, hopefully he can get us an update to let us know he's doing fine.

I went through the basic class in Fall 2006. I hated it for the first couple of weeks, but looking back, I know there is no better place I could have trained at. I think I was very well prepared for my FTO program when I graduated and the "habits" I picked up in Columbus are hard to break (that's a good thing if you're wondering). Everything was tough, but it was for a reason and I'm thankful for that!

Q

Comment

Hopefully their not teaching him how to use cheat sheets!
                Last edited by mikol427; 09-14-2008, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikol427 View Post
                  Hopefully their not teaching him how to use cheat sheets!
                  nice little jab and that's ok, but they were not taught to use cheat sheets. Also since you are just a student , I will help you out here. it is not their but they're.

Comment

Originally posted by trooperden View Post
                    nice little jab and that's ok, but they were not taught to use cheat sheets. Also since you are just a student , I will help you out here. it is not their but they're.
                    Thank you for the grammar correction Webster. Just so you know, capital letters are used at the beginning of a sentence.
                    Last edited by mikol427; 09-15-2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Yes, my mistake but at my age that happens, the only reason I even mentioned it was because you use that word improperly every time you type it. Good luck in your LEO career, if and when you ever get there, and even more so, last long enough to retire. Also it is a good idea for you to keep running upstairs to find out when you will begin the academy, maybe it will save them the money to notify you by mail. Do you wash their cruisers for them?

Comment

Originally posted by trooperden View Post
                        Yes, my mistake but at my age that happens, the only reason I even mentioned it was because you use that word improperly every time you type it. Good luck in your LEO career, if and when you ever get there, and even more so, last long enough to retire. Also it is a good idea for you to keep running upstairs to find out when you will begin the academy, maybe it will save them the money to notify you by mail. Do you wash their cruisers for them?
                        So you looked at everything I have ever typed just so you could come up with some kind of immature response to what I said? Sounds to me like you need to get a life and stop blaming your mistakes on being old. I was just busting balls to begin with, so stop your crying and get over it old man.
                        Last edited by mikol427; 12-06-2008, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Guys, guys, guys. Can't we all just get along? lol

In regards to Car9... I'm sure he's enjoying himself. I'm actually being truthful with that statement too. I heard they're taking it pretty easy on the basics than in years past (less yelling, games, etc). Something about retention rates... don't want to scare the little basics away before they even hit the road. Haven't witnessed it myself, however I think it would be a true shame if the rumors are true. If you can't handle the yelling and games in the academy, you'll never make it on the road. Better to second guess yourself and find out its not for you while there... not when it really counts.
                          Reno 911 - Season 1:

Garcia: "Oh God.. call for help!"
                          Wiegel: "Help! Help!"
                          Garcia: "Use your goddamn radio!"

Comment

Originally posted by mikol427 View Post
                            So you looked at everything I have ever typed just so you could come up with some kind of immature response to what I said? Sounds to me like you need to get a life and stop blaming your mistakes on being old and senile. I was just busting balls to begin with, so stop your crying and get over it old man.
                            Youngman, I'd say you just failed what we police officers say, "the attitude test". Who are you to come off with such a smart *** remark to someone who has worked the street (I guess troopers say, road) and you're still wet behind the ears? With your attitude I hope you never get hired to protect and serve. I could just imagine how you'd treat an elderly person in need of help. If you don't like my response...tough. Grow up and act like a responsible man, not just some wise-cracking student. And by the way, the recruiters will pick up on your negative attitude through the interview process. It's designed to weed out the undesirable applicants like yourself. Find another line of work.
                            The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

CPD7279, you called it . Didn't take long for the ATTITUDE to surface. It really doesn't take long for these types to surface, nor weed out. Thank you CPD7279 and for all uniformed officers no matter what department, stay safe and go home after the shift is over.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3089 users online. 184 members and 2905 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X