300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MN POST eligbility letter....

I received my letter and was wondering what advantages or disadvantages for applying for agencies in ND? Will someone please let me know? Really considering applying to ND but like all the pros and cons for applying with the letter

MN POST Eligbility Letter....

I received my letter and was wondering what advantages or disadvantages for applying for agencies in ND? Will someone please let me know? Really considering applying to ND but like all the pros and cons for applying with the letter

Shooting from the hip here, but I would say that some of the advantages of applying for agencies in ND is you might get hired and, if you get hired, you will started gaining valuable experience.

Probably the biggest disadvantage is, if you ultimately want to work in Minnesota, you still haven't activated your MN POST Board license. If I recall correctly though, you can apply for reciprocity after several years. In the end, though, I don't think that you get a MN POST Board license unless you actually work in Minnesota.

At the end of the day, jobs are so competitive in MN, that I would encourage you to apply in ND, if you want to work there. Working in ND is MUCH better than looking for work in MN, in my not so humble opinion!

Comment

Jim1648,

Thank you for the input and advice. Where is a good department/agency to work for? Would you care to share where you work? What do you like or dislike about where you work and is this your first place or second place you started out working for?

Comment

Most departments in ND are small, so the chances of knowing anything about them, or someone that works there to vouch for them, is going to be slim. With that said, a large population of ND cops are either from or have ties to MN. Jobs are fairly easy to obtain so applying would be worth your time.
        Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

ND POST will recognize your MN post training with only a 2 week reciprocity class in bismarck. MN post will recognize your license bei NV activated and 90%of the post accredited training classes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3742 users online. 225 members and 3517 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X