Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just relocated to ND from FT LEO in FL.

My wife is active duty military and we ahd to relocate from Florida to North Dakota. I tried contacting Minot PD without much success. Is there any proper channel I should be utilizing to contact the local PD's? Also, I am getting different info about what i required to obtain a position in Law Enforcement within ND.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Donnie631 View Post
    My wife is active duty military and we ahd to relocate from Florida to North Dakota. I tried contacting Minot PD without much success. Is there any proper channel I should be utilizing to contact the local PD's? Also, I am getting different info about what i required to obtain a position in Law Enforcement within ND.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
    I will give you what I know but please understand, there are many people on this forum with much more knowledge than I.

I am a police officer in Texas and I just accepted a job offer from NW ND (2hrs west of Minot I believe) If you have completed an academy in any state, you can have your academy info reviewed by the ND post board and if they agree that your academy meets their minimum education requirement that you would receive from their academy, then they will approve you for a short 2 week transition academy. Take the two weeks, pass the test, your good to go.

If you have not attended a police academy, then you can apply to a dept who will hire you and then send you through or you can pay to send your self through the 12-14 week academy. I believe Ward county is Minot and they are hiring I think.

What other questions might you have?

Comment

I am currently a Florida State Certified LEO. I have been through the academy. I will reach out to Ward. I seem to not get anywhere, except with ND State Police. I prefer a city PD over county or state. Florida's Police Academy is about 770 hours. I will see where that gets me. I went through in 2010-2011.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie631 View Post
        I am currently a Florida State Certified LEO. I have been through the academy. I will reach out to Ward. I seem to not get anywhere, except with ND State Police. I prefer a city PD over county or state. Florida's Police Academy is about 770 hours. I will see where that gets me. I went through in 2010-2011.

Thanks for the info.
        U will be good to go. My academy was a little less then that so I know Ur good.

I don't know what Ur chances are of getting Ward county if u became a trooper. Did u ask? Bc they might station u hours away from Ward.

Comment

Donnie631 - I would try to get in touch with Ward County. There are a ton of opportunities with WCSD. I know Minot PD requires a test before/with application. I would do some more online research. They are online. Not sure about WCSD as far as testing. If you are willing to try to travel a little, Look at the towns around Minot area. They are looking for help as well. As far as NDHP, if you called and talked to them about being stationed in the Minot Area, Im sure they would be willing to listen. A lot of the new people out west are transferring back to the eastern side of the state as soon as they are able to put in for it. So keep checking around and see what you can find!

Good Luck!

Comment

Florida to North Dakota? Boy, that sucks!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
            I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it

"But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet
            it" - Thucydides

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2796 users online. 151 members and 2645 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X