300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickinson, Mountrail co, Burke Co and Killdeer

Okay guys. AKPOPO and CJS, you guys have been very helpful so far. Please give your input here and of course, if there are anyone else that has any feedback, i'd love to hear it.

For those of you who don't know, I am a FT LE officer in Texas. My fiance and I really want to make the move to ND.

I have made contact with Watford PD, Dickinson, Killdeer, Mountrail Co and Burke Co. The big thing that I am getting used to is the hiring processes. In TX, you must complete a written exam, PAT test, oral board, background check. If you make it this far, then you must pass a psychological exam, Polygraph, Psych, Medical and drug test. It takes 3-6 months to get thru the process. The depts in TX who only do interviews are normally depts that you don't want to go to or they hire officers who've been fired etc...
    However, every dept I have called in ND does no testing whatsoever. It's just an interview and then a Psych. Some don't even make you complete an application. Just send in your resume with references. Our application in TX ranges from 30-50+ pages. In ND its like 2-4 pages and they do your entire background in a week or so. The only depts that test like TX is Bizmark, Minot, Grand Forks and the highway patrol. I actually had one chief tell me over the phone that from the 1.5 hours we talked, he knew I would be a good fit and pretty much told me I have the job if I come apply and interview. And this is a dept that starting pay is over 53K per year with great benefits.

I want to work in one of these oil areas because the officers make so much money. Watford City said it's no problem to make 75K per year. I understand the cost of living is high, but these depts have free or discounted housing for officers so cost of living is really no big deal. My fiance can get great work as well. Leasing apts pays 22.00 an hour so does 911 dispatching.

So, I said all that to ask this.

1. Should I be worried about depts that don't do any kind of testing process?
    2. What can you tell me about these depts?
    3. Should I be concerned in regards to these hiring processes and them being so short?
    4. Is it true that it's very difficult to find quality officers with any experience in ND? This is the only reason I can think of that depts would have such a simply hiring process.

Thank you all.

Hello Bankerboy2646,

You would be better off private messaging those individuals with the questions you have.

Sincerely,

The Janitor

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2891 users online. 164 members and 2727 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X