Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the market in North Dakota??

Good afternoon!

I'm soon to be a graduate of a University in the great state of North Dakota (bet ya can't guess which one) with a criminal justice bachelors. I also plan on attending the LRSC academy this summer, where i'll attain my peace officer certification.

My question for y'all would be, where do I find the job openings? I know the oil boom has kind of slowed down, does that mean the desire for new police officers and sheriff deputies has slowed down as well? I normally look up ND job service for jobs, but are there any other places I should be looking?

Thanks everyone! Take it easy!

Hmm let me guess...UND? Haha. There are plenty of job openings throughout the state. The Jobs ND website doesn't show nearly the amount of openings there really are. Here is a link that shows current openings.

http://www.nd.gov/des/uploads%5Creso...ortunities.pdf

Also, you should let me know how the LRSC academy goes. I'm considering putting myself through next January in Minot and would like to have a little heads up on the process.

Comment

You sir, are a wizard. Where by chance did you find that? So that I can check if for updated announcements when need be (and you know, science). From what i've heard, LRSC is a pretty well organized and well put together program, but I have only talked to those who went to the Grand Forks academy. I am sure that the other programs are just as well put together.

Comment

Apparently, for some reason, only certain people can view those job opportunities. I actually went to the ND post website and under the contact us tab, I emailed Duane Stanley, asking about Law Enforcement jobs in ND and he sent me a link. I'm guessing you would have to email him every so often and he would probably send you a link to the current openings.

And have you been through the background process for LRSC academy yet? I've got some skeletons in my closet just like anyone else, so I'm hoping everything goes well when the time comes. Haha

Comment

Ah I see, I see. Well maybe once I get closer to the graduation with LRSC, Ill send out an email to the contact! Thanks for that! About the LRSC, I have no idea about the background, I assuming it's pretty in depth. From what I hear, the program coordinator, John Maritato, is a really nice guy. He'll give you all the information you need straight up.

If you are looking for employment right now, ND DOC/R just opened up for correctional officer positions.

Comment

I have emailed the coordinator a few times about the concerns in my background and he was saying I should be fine. I was just trying to get a feel as to what it's like from someone who has actually been through their process. Feel free to private message me once you're starting the process with LRSC and let me know how it goes. And I'm good on the CO position, thanks for the thought though.

Comment

Hello gentlemen,

I finished the background process for LRSC, and I am attending this summer academy offered in Grand Forks. They have a list of DQ on LRSC site.

http://www.lrsc.edu/academics/progra...iminal-history

The link provide should help you. Good luck, SiouxMN.

The Janitor

Comment

The Janitor: Congrats on being accepted and good luck with everything. Hopefully a job will come to you before the academy is even over with. I have heard of people being offered conditional job offers while in the academy.

Can you give me an idea of what the background was like? How long did it take them to make a decision on your acceptance? Did they contact old teachers, employers, co workers, landlords, friends etc..? If I may ask, were there any red flags in your background that you thought might be questionable? Haha. It seems to me the background is probably one of the most stressful steps in the process and I know others looking to get into the academy or Law Enforcement would probably agree. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Thank you, Stecha90.

I have buddy who went through the summer academy here in Grand forks a few years back, and he had a conditional job offer a few weeks before graduation. If you are willing to move there is jobs.

Biggest advice I can give you is be HONEST. If you smoked cannabis ten years ago, say "I smoked cannabis ten years ago. Do not try and be cute. If you omit something and it is later found out that you lied, you can/will be left go from the academy. I have no idea if they contacted my references. They never said anything to me, however, I would bet my bottom dollar they did.

Good luck with everything, Stecha90

The Janitor

Comment

Janitor, so what you're telling me is that ill be spending a summer with ya?! PM if you want

Comment

Try Watford City PD/McKenzie Co S.O./Dunn Co. S.O or Stark Co.S.O/Dickinson PD. I suggest looking into WCPD. WCPD is looking to hire at least 6 more officers within the next year. Take home squads with updated equipment, good training, and excellent Benefits/pay!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shpdog2013 View Post
                        Try Watford City PD/McKenzie Co S.O./Dunn Co. S.O or Stark Co.S.O/Dickinson PD. I suggest looking into WCPD. WCPD is looking to hire at least 6 more officers within the next year. Take home squads with updated equipment, good training, and excellent Benefits/pay!!
                        Stark and Dunn counties are not currently hiring. Dickinson PD is always hiring however.
                        Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

Hello Cjs-luke,

Why is Dickinson PD always hiring? Do they have a high turnover rate, officers can't find affordable housing, poor equipment, or even bad leadership?

Thanks,

The Janitor

Comment

[QUOTE=stecha90;3643682]Hmm let me guess...UND? Haha. There are plenty of job openings throughout the state. The Jobs ND website doesn't show nearly the amount of openings there really are. Here is a link that shows current openings.

http://www.nd.gov/des/uploads%5Creso...ortunities.pdf

Also, you should let me know how the LRSC academy goes. I'm considering putting myself through next January in Minot and would like to have a little heads up on the process.[/QU

Good afternoon Sir.

This is a great resource. Is there any way you could gain access to a more recent copy of this report and post the link? I'm looking at moving to ND hardcore and this is so much better than the other ways i've been searching for openings.

I am a certified officer in TX and the money that is available in west NV is amazing. The rents are through the roof but buying a house is not bad at all.

Thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3337 users online. 183 members and 3154 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X