300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ND question..

I'm noticing a lot of the departments say that you "Must be a licensed N.D. peace officer or be licensable" My question is, if i put myself through an academy here in California, could i be licensable there, and eligible for the 2 week academy? On the ND POST website it states that "In order to be eligible for the waiver, the officer must be currently licensed or certified as a full time peace officer in another state and have at least one year of experience in that state as a peace officer performing peace officer duties." But i notice a lot of guys come from Minnesota without experience. Thanks for your help.

Why don't you contact ND POST directly so you will have somewhat of an "official" response to work with. The info you get back from them would be a lot more credible than any response you would get from anyone on this site.

With all that is at stake, I wouldn't take any chances that I would be working off of bad info. Get the word straight from ND POST and eliminate the possibility of wasted time and effort.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
      Why don't you contact ND POST directly so you will have somewhat of an "official" response to work with. The info you get back from them would be a lot more credible than any response you would get from anyone on this site.

With all that is at stake, I wouldn't take any chances that I would be working off of bad info. Get the word straight from ND POST and eliminate the possibility of wasted time and effort.

Comment

Why wouldn't you rather just apply with one of the many departments that will pay you to go to the academy after being hired?

Comment

In ND or CA?

Comment

In ND. Many departments will pay you while going through the academy, so why spend the money on putting yourself through the academy?

Comment

Originally posted by KaiGywer View Post
              In ND. Many departments will pay you while going through the academy, so why spend the money on putting yourself through the academy?
              Well, I found a couple that i applied to. The other ones require college credits. I'll do another search though, just in case i missed something. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4117 users online. 259 members and 3858 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X