300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bismarck/Mandan Area PT Police Work

I will soon be relocating from Minnesota to the Bismarck/Mandan area. I have a full time job outside LE and i dont see a FT career change in my future, but I would like to work PT/Reserve for an area agency. I'm currently MN POST elgible and have previous experience as a Reserve in MN.

Any advice on local agencies that I should look into or consider?

How does ND utilize Reserves compared to MN? Licensing...

Am I better off looking into a PT position where I can utilize my MN POST training?

Kind regards,

I don't know of any agencies in Bis/Man that utilize part time folks.
    Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

Any agencies outside the MIS/MAN area I could look into? Anything within an hour would'nt be out of the question for me.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DuNorth View Post
        Any agencies outside the MIS/MAN area I could look into? Anything within an hour would'nt be out of the question for me.

Thanks
        I guess you'd have to call around and see. The problem is you don't have a license so they'll have to send you to some training. Most agencies are not going to do that for some part-timer. We have two part-timers but they are both retired LEOs with many years of experience and still keep up their POST licenses.

In regards to the reserves, each agency is different. I would try calling Bismarck PD and see how involved their reserves get. I don't have personal knowledge of them.
        Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

Bismarck does not have reserves, nor do any agency close by. McLean County has auxiliary (they might be reserves, I'm not 100%). Stark County has reserves, but Dickinson is a ways away.

Comment

You relocating from the Monticello area? You might know my brother. Welcome to ND.

Comment

Originally posted by ON-DUTY View Post
              You relocating from the Monticello area? You might know my brother. Welcome to ND.
              Lol; I just might know him... Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2773 users online. 146 members and 2627 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X