Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I have heard, they are currently backgrounding 15 for a September academy. Then after the budget gets approved, they will hopefully add more troopers, in addition to filling vacated spots for the next academy.

Comment

Originally posted by onebluewolverine View Post
      Seems like they have a hiring process pretty regularly so keep an eye on it. Are you in the current hiring process?
      I'm not currently. I'm locked in (already paid for) an academy down here in Texas to get certified, so after I complete that (16 weeks) I'll be looking to start the hiring process. So hopefully soon.

Comment

Good luck with your academy, hopefully you'll land a job that doesn't make you go through another one.

Comment

Good luck with your academy, hopefully you'll land a job that doesn't make you go through another one.

Thanks! I hope so. But if I have to attend 5 more academies, so be it. What ever it takes to get myself in the door!

Comment

That's a great attitude. I feel the same way.

Comment

Given the bachelor's degree requirement for the NDHP, are the classes at the Academy comparable to a collegiate level of difficulty?

Comment

Sooner & OneBlue
                I currently work out here in the true heart of the oil patch. I absolutly love it out here. I've dealt with more stuff in my 3 month FTO then I did a year back home in Wisconsin. I will not lie and tell you its easy. Its not, its tough and can get hard, but overall I love it out here and plan to stay here for some time. A lot of the departments are getting a TON of grant money and a ton of new equipment. By the end of the year we will have added 6 new squads to our small department and are looking at adding at least 2-3 new officers, not including replacing the ones that are leaving to move back home. A lot of the departments are very young so in a couple years one will have a ton of seniority! Biggest issue is housing, but most departments have affordable housing available for new officers. Just need to show that you are willing and wanting to move up here and willing to put in the time. A lot of departments up here dont like hiring someone for a year and them leaving right away. Lot of time and money put into training and equipment. I will also say this, being new to the department, it didnt take long for me to fit right and be be looked at as family member. We all watch out for eachother. Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanks for the info! Whether at NDHP or not, I just want to go back up there. Can't wait to start the "journey"

Comment

Question: According to the NDHP website, applicants must have a bachelor's degree OR an associate's & 2 years of work experience dealing with the public.

Do they define dealing with the public as work in a law enforcement capacity? Or just general public services? (I'm a supervisor at a major retail chain - 5 years now) Just curious...

Comment

If I do make out there. I'm coming for the long haul, I relocated to Michigan 10 years ago and only now began thinking about moving.

Comment

If I do make out there. I'm coming for the long haul, I relocated to Michigan 10 years ago and only now began thinking about moving.
                        Same here. North Dakota is home.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3909 users online. 237 members and 3672 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X