300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDHP Academy

Anyone have any experience with the NDHP academy? What to expect; anything like the Minnesota State Patrol academy?

Does anyone know what the requirements to be an officer in ND? Is there an upcoming NDHP Academy?

Comment

I believe HP is starting an academy next week for the troopers hired right after Christmas. It is a live-in academy, dormitory style. Breakfast, lunch and dinner served at the academy, or (at least for dinner) you are free to go wherever you want. PT three days a week 530-630am, plus whatever PT you get in some of the classes. Class go 8am-5pm M-F, with an hour for lunch. HP is at the academy for 25 weeks, with other cops from ND there for 12 of those weeks (week 2-13). The remainder is HP specific training, and you go straight to FTO after graduation for 8 weeks I believe.

Any additional questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Is the HP adademy "military-style" with a lot of yelling, screaming and push-ups or more laid back? Can a person do anything to prepare for the HP academy to make the transition more enjoyable and smooth?

Comment

I wouldn't say it's military style... Yeah the instructors expect you to perform at your best during PT, but there's no punitive PT that I know of. They have fitness standards you are expected to meet at entry, during the academy and upon graduation, gradually getting tougher. The instructors are great and definately know their stuff. They also do some interesting PT sessions...I still remember the 17 stories of the ND State Capitol....times three, one early morning :P

Comment

Minnesota Cop,

I am assuming if you were in the new hired class you are at the academy right now... but no the HP academy is not military-style. The PT is great and if you put forth a decent effort it will definitely get you in shape to pass the PT tests. You get out what you put in.

If you have any specific questions about the academy just send me a PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3004 users online. 174 members and 2830 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X