300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fayetteville Police Academy Dates

The next Fayetteville Police Academy is scheduled to begin on October 22, 2008. The 2009 Academy class dates are January 14, June 10, and September TBD.

Our last testing for the October 22,2008 class will be Thursday, September 18,2008.

We will continue to test for class seats in the January 14 and June 10, 2009 Academy classes.

The POST written test and POPAT agility test will be given on a Saturday during the following dates:

October 4 &18, 2008

November 1 & 15, 2008

December 6 & 20, 2008

www.bethebadge.com

Comment

We have closed processing for our October 22, 2008 class. We are accepting appication for our January 14, 2009 and June 10, 2009 class.

Comment

Hey FPD Recruiter....what are the chances of a lateral officer in Indiana that is a certified instructor by the state (several topics), being able to continue to be an instructor with your agency, or any agency in NC for that matter? Took me a LOOOONG time to get the chance to become an instructor and I'd really hate to give it up even though I'm looking to jump Indiana. Plus, the school SUCKS.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

It would be difficult as all instructors are certified by the NC Criminal Justice Academy to teach any block of instruction. Certain block of instruction require just a NCCJA certification, other classes require a NCCJA certification for that class. As an example PT and firearms require NCCJA certification to instruct those blocks. The NC certification is required to teach at any NC BLET location whether it be a community college or an agency's academy.

I'll further research the issue in the morning. The certification issue is always a challenge, as is recertification. As a general rule when we assign an officer to the academy we must manage their NCCJ certification courses to ensure we can certify and recertify. We do use a retired sergeant to teach 1 on 1 to our laterals to get them on the road sooner. I'll let you know

Comment

I appreciate that. What you're is similiar here in Indiana. A General Instructor can teach "general stuff" i.e. traffic stops, patrol techniques, report writing, blah, blah, blah you get the picture on that. However, in order to be an EVOC, Firearms, or Physical Tactics instructor, that requires an additional state certification. Both the general and special certifications must be kept up to day through the police academy located in Plainfield here in Indiana.

Again, I appreciate your information. By the way, you know an officer by the name of Lars Paul??? What's that Devil Dog up to these days?
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Lars Paul was a traffic SGT then traffic LT, he recently moved to patrol, watch commander.

Comment

Question for FPD Recruiter

FPD Recruiter,

I had a few questions regarding lateral entries to FPD:

I have 7 years of experience and 4 yr degree and wanted to know do most new officers get stuck with permanent nights? FPD have Take home cars?
                education reimbursement?

Thanks!

Comment

Marine0431: We have permanent shifts on this Department. We feel permanent shifts allow greater stability to an Officer's homelife. Permanent shifts allow planning to attend college, off duty work, even planning child care better than rotating shifts. Our patrol shifts are 0700-1500, 1500-2300, and 2300-0700.

As a general rule most new Officers will get the 1500-2300 or 2300-0700 shift. Patrol Officers work 5 days on, 2 days off. The Supervisor controls which 2 days are off. The Districts have procedures to change shift.

Take home cars require an Officer to live within the county. Most Officers will have an assigned vehicle within one year. We do not have education reimbursement.

This Department does have a pay plan. Therefore we have a pay scale based on years of service. This limits the pay compression problem where an agency increases starting pay more than annual increases for current Officers.
                  We will bring a lateral in up to step 5 which is $41,934, with a 4 year degree it is $44,434.

We have in fact changed our shift over the years. It is possible we will change our shifts again. However we have always had at least semi-permanent shifts.
                  Last edited by FPDRecruiter; 09-15-2008, 03:30 PM.

Comment

deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted
                    Last edited by Lawman17101; 05-13-2009, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Do you have any input on what shift you get as a new officer. If I wanted to work the 1500-2300 shift can I choose to do so or are you at the discretion of the department needs?
                      NCSHP
                      APPLICATION SUBMITTED OCT 2007
                      PHYSICAL AGILITY AND WRITTEN 156 T-SCORE
                      POLYGRAPH PASSED
                      BACKROUND COMPLETED
                      REVIEW BOARD NO GO
                      CONDITIONAL OFFER
                      PHYSICAL
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL
                      ACCEPTANCE LETTER
                      ACADEMY DATE NOV 12 2008

---------------------------------------------------
                      SUCCESS IS EARNED NOT GIVEN
                      sigpic

Comment

District6: Shift assignment is the responsibility and decision of the District Commander. There is no guarantee.

Comment

If one gets put on the 3rd shift and wanted to get on the 2nd shift is he just SOL or can he find someone that will switch? If not how long do you do you have to wait before you can request to move to another shift?
                          NCSHP
                          APPLICATION SUBMITTED OCT 2007
                          PHYSICAL AGILITY AND WRITTEN 156 T-SCORE
                          POLYGRAPH PASSED
                          BACKROUND COMPLETED
                          REVIEW BOARD NO GO
                          CONDITIONAL OFFER
                          PHYSICAL
                          PSYCHOLOGICAL
                          ACCEPTANCE LETTER
                          ACADEMY DATE NOV 12 2008

---------------------------------------------------
                          SUCCESS IS EARNED NOT GIVEN
                          sigpic

Comment

There are no hard and fast rules as it relates to transfer to another shift. It will vary based on Academy graduations, reassignment of patrol officers to other areas within the Department.

It's the decision of the District Commander on how they want to balance their District. The District Commander takes multiple factors in that decision. As an example, the night shift can not be totally manned by rookies

Comment

Lawman17101: No, background investigators do not rely on hearsay or rumors. The BI reports their findings. Based upon what they are told, often that is the basis of further investigation. The BI is not the hiring authority.

You do bring out an excellent point. If you do not get hired by the agency that most desire, apply to other agencies. It is also important to continue your professional development. Attending BLET and or completing college will make an applicant more competitive.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5819 users online. 356 members and 5463 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X