300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sbi

Anybody know anything about the sbi? how hard to get a job, what exactly do the today, how strict i their academy?

All I know is that the highway patrol pays a lot better.
    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

The SBI is the investigative branch of the state. It can be hard to get on depending on the discipline. The academy is not bad at all.

Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
      All I know is that the highway patrol pays a lot better.
      Yeah, maybe in certain cases. But the work schedule and autonomy make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by P-51R View Post
        ... But the work schedule and autonomy make up for it.

Oh yeah. I heard some agents talk about the uncompensated overtime.
        Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

You also must have a four year degree for your application to be accepted there. Great agency, and since it is a state agency it follows the State Personnel Act accordingly, so overtime is compensated. The academy is strict, but fair from what I have been told by many agents.

The down side, as with any state agency, is not knowing where you will be working within the state until you receive your duty assignment. Keep in mind too that your location can/may change from time to time, so don't get settled in to one spot and expect to stay there a lifetime.

I have many friends in the bureau and there isn't an exceptionally high turn over rate. One of my friends did leave a few years ago to become a Police Chief in the state where he was born and raised. That type of turnover is very understandable.

If you are serious about it, call the District Office that covers the area where you live and ask to speak to the Special Agent-in Charge or their assistant. I'm sure they can answer any questions you might have about the academy or other matters.
          Occifer, I swear I've only had 2 beers...I can't be drunk again.

Comment

Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
            Oh yeah. I heard some agents talk about the uncompensated overtime.

Most of us work past overtime limits because sometimes you can't just pack up & go home when you run out of hours. It's been like that for years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3170 users online. 152 members and 3018 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X