300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BI for CMPD Question

In the stack of paperwork they request from all applicants. They ask for our Credit History, Do they want ALL the pages or just the section that tells you the score? Or will they run there own credit check on us? Just doublechecking to make sure I will be right.

The agencies typically run their own credit check on you. I would contact your BI to be sure. He/she would know better than anyone on this board.

Comment

Reason why I ask is that in the list of paperwork that is needed before taking any other interviews is, that you have to turn in some paperwork (ie, DL, SS card, Birt Cert, HS transcript...etc etc) And it asks for a copy of Credit History.

Comment

I would just call your BI and have him/her clarify whether they order it or they want you to.

Comment

I appreciate it

Comment

I printed everything and gave it to them once again you cant go wrong by giving to much. Also week 5 is done

Comment

Originally posted by FortDrumPolice View Post
              I printed everything and gave it to them once again you cant go wrong by giving to much. Also week 5 is done
              Thats what I figured, To much is better than to little. But wasn't sure if they ran it even after I gave them a copy. Don't want to run my credit more than I have to.

Hope all is well with the Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvermuscle View Post
                Thats what I figured, To much is better than to little. But wasn't sure if they ran it even after I gave them a copy. Don't want to run my credit more than I have to.

Hope all is well with the Academy.
                You can run your own credit as much as you want and it will not do anything negative to you.
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Credit history is just that...credit history, not score. They want all pages.

Comment

I was told by one of the recruits all they look at is just the score. Nothing else. Well I guess I will just wait and see when its time.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvermuscle View Post
                      I was told by one of the recruits all they look at is just the score. Nothing else. Well I guess I will just wait and see when its time.
                      Well I don't know who might have gave you that info, but I don't think any of us really know 100% what they look at.

A few people have said they had pretty bad credit but that is still ok as long as you can show that you are staying current with your accounts.

Comment

A credit score is basically irrelevant to this process. Somebody who has never used credit would have a low score, but because thay had never had bad credit, they would still be suitable for employment. They are not deciding whether to loan you money, in which case the score would be of interest. They are looking for anything that brings into question your character, trustworthiness, and general responsibility. A pattern of not paying your debts, particularly without adequate explanation, would cause me to question an applicant's suitability for employment.

Comment

Originally posted by jnhdrac View Post
                          A credit score is basically irrelevant to this process. Somebody who has never used credit would have a low score, but because thay had never had bad credit, they would still be suitable for employment. They are not deciding whether to loan you money, in which case the score would be of interest. They are looking for anything that brings into question your character, trustworthiness, and general responsibility. A pattern of not paying your debts, particularly without adequate explanation, would cause me to question an applicant's suitability for employment.
                          Thanks for the info.....I was just told to write a letter stating why I was behind on my bills and why my accounts were in collection...Just to clarify, I lost my job 2 years ago after moving into a new apartment with a new Mustang that was financed. So that dug me a nice hole that I am now working to get out of with a lawyer and settling my debt. Thanks again for the info guys.

Comment

I am not a recruiter and have nothing to do with the hiring process. Having said that, CMPD has a reputation for being picky about credit issues. I would suggest focusing on resolving the credit issues before turning in your application. A letter of explanation is good, but showing that you have resolved the issue is better. My instinct is having accounts that are currently in collections will be a difficult hurdle to get over.

Comment

Originally posted by jnhdrac View Post
                              I am not a recruiter and have nothing to do with the hiring process. Having said that, CMPD has a reputation for being picky about credit issues. I would suggest focusing on resolving the credit issues before turning in your application. A letter of explanation is good, but showing that you have resolved the issue is better. My instinct is having accounts that are currently in collections will be a difficult hurdle to get over.
                              With that said, will it be a waste of my time to go take the physical/written end of July? To resolve my issue is going to take time, but I have proof that I am paying things off as much as I can based on income. (Settlement letters stating my accounts are being paid off).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3657 users online. 140 members and 3517 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X