300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winston-Salem specifics

I've tried the search, but haven't found the answer to these questions.....

1.) I heard they have a 12 hour shift. Is that true, and if so, is it the 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 2 off deal or the 4 on/4 off (or some other variation).

2.) How is their morale? I've heard (read) mixed feelings.

3.) What is their starting salary. Their website only describes it as "competitive". What are the pay steps?

Thanks

I have heard they went to some screwy rotating shift work lately but don't know for sure. Again, I think it is 10 hour shifts now. The few I have come in contact with seem like the like their job. Morale appears OK. Pay is pretty good:http://www.cityofws.org/Assets/CityO...uly2006www.pdf

I would call Recruiting to get confirmed answers to your questions,(toll-free 1-877-777-WSPD) or email [email protected].
    Last edited by Barbrady; 06-07-2007, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Mikis- I was an officer for WSPD in the late 90s and still keep in close touch with several officers. The shifts at that time were rotating every week between a midnight shift (10pm-7:30 am), evening (2:30pm-midnight), and day (6:45am- 4:15). We did 5 days on and 3 off. They did re-design the districts a couple years ago and modified the shift starting and ending times somewhat, but I think they are still pretty similar.

As far as morale goes, "mixed feelings" is an accurate way to describe things. The dept. is on its 3rd chief since I was in rookie school school back in 98-99, and there as been quite a bit of turnover in the command staff in that time. I can say the BLET training staff is good and many are still in place from when I was there. A WSPD officer can count on not being in one unit too long. Detectives and others are frequently assigned back to patrol after a few years in one unit.

Barbrady provided a great link for the pay plan. It has improved quite a bit since I was there. It seems like the city has finally gotten it in line with the rest of the larger agencies in N.C.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I think this is the new shifts: No idea the rotation/days.

0600-1600
        0800-1800
        1500-0100
        1700-0300
        2100-0700

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2323 users online. 171 members and 2152 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X