300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCSHP 120th Basic

Does anyone know how the edneyville 120th Basic school is going?

I heard there was like 11 people left in it. I am not sure how much they started with, but they ran off a bunch of people. I am sure they are running the school like it is supposed to be ran, and since Edneyville is far from Raleigh, they must be doing a good job! Schools used to graduate in the 30's to maybe 40's...now 50's and 60's are graduating...they are trying to keep people from quitting so they can get out onto the road. But thats just hearsay...I do know there aren't many left in that school though....
    "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Is that a fast track school?
      John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

No.....it's a long school...
        "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

Comment

Here's my opionon on that class. I was accepted into that school and I didn't go. Yes, that's my fault but the NCSHP had no business sending me from the Outer Banks all the way to Edneyville. I was supposed to go along with another guy not far from where I'm at but he had a "glitch" in his paperwork and was delayed until May. Imagine that huh. A retired Trooper told me before I ever applied that the SHP was short for a reason, I guess I found out why huh. Good luck to those who are left, wish I could of been there but I was the only one in the East going.
          Last edited by fire1506; 06-05-2007, 09:27 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

So you wanted the job, but didn't want to have to drive across the state. What do you think guys from the mountains were doing before they had a school in Edneyville?

I would respond to your comment about the "glitch" in paperwork, but I have no knowledge on that subject so I'll refrain.

As for the retired trooper making comments about why we're short--first of all, we're not short any more. We will always have openings due to promotions, retirements, resignations and firings. You imply that we have an internal issue that causes us to be "short."

In my opinion, we have moved into an age where people no longer respect the Highway Patrol and the younger generations have no desire to work towards being the best. Kids today just want everything handed to them without earning it. If you want that black and silver car and pretty uniform, you've got to put in the time--you don't just get to be the man.

Of course, there is also the problem of pay--we used to be the highest paid in the state and now several city agencies have surpassed us. I understand when my friends with families take a job in Charlotte so they don't have to move and make several thousand more dollars---it's a no brainer.

I guess I'm just unique in that I wanted to be a State Trooper....not a Deputy, Officer or any other title. Sorry for the long rant for those that actually read all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by fire1506 View Post
              Here's my opionon on that class. I was accepted into that school and I didn't go. Yes, that's my fault but the NCSHP had no business sending me from the Outer Banks all the way to Edneyville.
              Yeah, who does SHP think they are?

They should know better than to offer someone a job with one of the most prestigious State agencies in the country and make them actually work hard(drive a few extra hours on the weekends) for it.

My guess is you wouldn't have made it anyways, or you went and dropped out of the class.

Comment

Let me make one thing clear to bandscar first. First of all the guys driving from the mountains had nothing on me driving to Edneyville. I'm as far east as you can go. It was literally from one end of the state to another. I never expected ANYTHING to be handed to me. I knew I was going to have to bust my butt to get it. After all I was only busting my butt in the gym 4 times a week for a year preparing. The SHP might not be short anymore but its largely to lowering standards and allowing people that 5 years ago would of NEVER made in into the school. Thats evident by 11 people left at Endeyville. As far as futurencLEO obviously you have no idea what we're talking about, its evident by your name wo I would comment on your remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by bandscar View Post
                  So you wanted the job, but didn't want to have to drive across the state. What do you think guys from the mountains were doing before they had a school in Edneyville?

I would respond to your comment about the "glitch" in paperwork, but I have no knowledge on that subject so I'll refrain.

As for the retired trooper making comments about why we're short--first of all, we're not short any more. We will always have openings due to promotions, retirements, resignations and firings. You imply that we have an internal issue that causes us to be "short."

In my opinion, we have moved into an age where people no longer respect the Highway Patrol and the younger generations have no desire to work towards being the best. Kids today just want everything handed to them without earning it. If you want that black and silver car and pretty uniform, you've got to put in the time--you don't just get to be the man.

Of course, there is also the problem of pay--we used to be the highest paid in the state and now several city agencies have surpassed us. I understand when my friends with families take a job in Charlotte so they don't have to move and make several thousand more dollars---it's a no brainer.

I guess I'm just unique in that I wanted to be a State Trooper....not a Deputy, Officer or any other title. Sorry for the long rant for those that actually read all of it.
                  Well said.....

I would have driven, carpooled, ran, walked, whatever to get to school! I used to work in the Outer Banks so I know it is a pain in the butt to get ANYWHERE! We had guys in my school from the mountains that had 5 and 6 hour drives, but they sacrificed. It's just how bad do you want it. The Patrol is not perfect by no means...I am figuring that out as I go along. But I love my career and I thank God everyday that I stuck with it and that I am a Trooper. Regardless of who pays more or does this and that, the SHP is still the premier LE agency in the state in my opinion. We get the best training...yeah it's Hell but when you are out on the road at 2am with your backup 15 mins away, all of the running and yelling, and screaming in Basic School starts to mean something.

Fire I wish you would have at least tried...I think you would have agreed that the drive would have been a small price to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by fire1506 View Post
                    Let me make one thing clear to bandscar first. First of all the guys driving from the mountains had nothing on me driving to Edneyville. I'm as far east as you can go. It was literally from one end of the state to another. I never expected ANYTHING to be handed to me. I knew I was going to have to bust my butt to get it. After all I was only busting my butt in the gym 4 times a week for a year preparing. The SHP might not be short anymore but its largely to lowering standards and allowing people that 5 years ago would of NEVER made in into the school. Thats evident by 11 people left at Endeyville. As far as futurencLEO obviously you have no idea what we're talking about, its evident by your name wo I would comment on your remarks.
                    So you busted your butt in the gym for a year, and you let a little drive keep you from becoming a trooper? Sounds to me like someone didn't want it bad enough. And your comment about being the only one from the East.....were you gonna be lonely??

And, you comment about NCSHP lowering their standards......well, weren't you just accepted to one of these last couple of classes??? Would YOU have been accepted 5 years ago??

Just wondering. Sorry for the out of stater's rant.
                    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I love people telling me the "little drive" kept me from becoming a trooper. Especially people who have no idea what I'm talking about except nctroop 14. You had a great comment and I know it was probably the biggest mistake I've made but hey you learn from those mistakes. But carpooling was the plan but the other guy got a "glitch in his paperwork. Oh well, I'll graduate from that school one day! Half of my restriction is almost up.

Comment

Oh yeah, I was accepted to one of the last schools but I'm not overweight or old. I problaby wouldn't of been accepted 5 years ago. I'll be the first one to admit I didn't take it serious until after the physical assessment. But atleast I can man up to it!

Comment

Well, good luck...give it a try, and if it is something you really want to do, all of the heartache will be worth it! Plus being from out there, you have a good chance of getting back home...there are always openings up that way, though I think they are full in A1 now.

Comment

Keep us informed about the Edneyville school. They should be on the home stretch now. Whats the chances of getting accepted after you've not showed up for school?

Comment

The 120th had been in Raleigh taking driving and a few other things that they couldn't do in Edneyville. Don't know if they're still there or back in Edneyville.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5499 users online. 300 members and 5199 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X