300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Agencies around Charlotte.....

That hire fairly quick. I ask this for a guy I work with. As it is, I was looking at NC for awhile, now I'm forced with possibilities of moving to California (wife's job). Now, his wife is switching jobs and they WILL BE moving to Charlotte by mid-summer. We both work for an agency with over 400 officers and he really doesn't want to do another academy (like Charlotte).

He's really just looking for a town population of around 25K and an agency that hires fairly quickly. Thanks for the input!

I would recommend agencies like Gaston County PD (requires a four year degree), Gastonia PD, Shelby PD, Matthews PD, Mint Hill PD, Mecklenburg Co. Sheriff's Office, and Huntersville PD. Just to name a few.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along.

Comment

There seems to be a strong demand for police officers in the Charlotte area. CMPD is big enough to recruit and hire pretty much constantly. Even the departments that I used to think of as "small" are now 50-70 officers, such as Huntersville and Matthews. In short, finding an acceptable job should be fairly easy for somebody with the right qualifications.

I am not sure of this, because I have only worked in NC, but I do not believe NC will take out of state certifications. I am not sure I am right, but that is certainly something to look into and get a definite answer.

Rock Hill, SC, is another possibility, but again I think you may have to go through the SC academy.

Getting BLET certification through a community college is fairly straight forward. He probably wants to research that option with Central Piedmont Community College or another school.

Comment

Originally posted by jnhdrac View Post
          I am not sure of this, because I have only worked in NC, but I do not believe NC will take out of state certifications. I am not sure I am right, but that is certainly something to look into and get a definite answer.
          Yes, North Carolina will take out of state certifications. When I was looking last year, I contacted your training and standards board. All we have to do is take your criminal/traffic law block and qualify with the handgun and then pass the state exam. No academy required (that is with a minimum of 2 years experience).

Also, no academy required in South Carolina either. A short cross-over class (couple of weeks - 8-4) and take the certification exam.

Really, there are VERY few states anymore that will not accept out of state certifications. Larger agencies, however, for the most part will require you to take their academies regardless.
          Last edited by MidCareer; 05-30-2007, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by MidCareer View Post
              That hire fairly quick. I ask this for a guy I work with. As it is, I was looking at NC for awhile, now I'm forced with possibilities of moving to California (wife's job). Now, his wife is switching jobs and they WILL BE moving to Charlotte by mid-summer. We both work for an agency with over 400 officers and he really doesn't want to do another academy (like Charlotte).

He's really just looking for a town population of around 25K and an agency that hires fairly quickly. Thanks for the input!
              Man, you can take your pick. Most agencies are hiring right now. Huntersville, Davidson, UNCC Police, Charlotte, Kannapolis, Concord, Gastonia, Shelby....the list goes on.

Go to ncesc.com, it might help you in your search. Or go to the NC Criminal Justice Academy website, click on job bank and scroll.
              John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4083 users online. 212 members and 3871 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X