300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLET state exam...

i searched the threads for this question and found a little info. just wondering if anyone can give me some advice about the state exam. i know it is 300 questions, 4 hours to take it, 6 blocks. i am NOT looking for answers, handouts, etc. just some general info/advice would be appreciated.
    thanks guys

If you study your course objectives real good, you will do just fine. I took mine on March 30 07 and I personally thought it was alot easier than i heard. We had quite many in my class who didnt pass it however, so studying and paying attention in class DOES help.
    Hope this helps.

Lata
    "Never look both ways without first looking straight"

Comment

hey thanks for the post man...the people in your class that did not pass, do you know why? were they not paying attention in class, not really care, etc.?? did they BOMB it, or just miss by a few? i made my own study guide, (from the training objectives) and have been studying like crazy. i know its written on a 10th grade level and its standardized for all of NC, making it generalized as well,..i dont know, two days away, i guess im freaking out.

Comment

We started off with 18 ppl and only 7 of us passed. 6 were allowed to retest. 5 failed alltogether. the 5 who failed honestly didnt pay much attention in class. They were the main ones who sat in class and joked alot and treated the course like a college class instead of law enforcement training. The 6 who retested all missed theirs by like .5 of a point. they barely failed it. They retested and passed. If you are smart enough to make your own study guide, then you will pass it. Just remember one thing.............The day of the test, go in open minded and know that you are going to past. Dont doubt yourself. If you study, you will be surprised how the answers will pop out at you and you will know that they are right. Good Luck.

Comment

Good Luck with the exam.

Took mine last year and it is unnerving to say the least. However, go over the course objectives in each topic and you will do just fine. Don't try and memorize it all. Read each question, look at the answers, read the question again, then select the answer. Pay special attention to the wording. Do not read into any question by asking what ifs. I scored in the 80's and 90's during class and on the state that's what I scored for the topics.

Wish you the best.
          If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

Oh yea!!!!

No going out the night before (to unwind) it will definately be a big mistake.

Comment

hey, thank you to everyone that helped put me at ease...i took the test today, seemed very simple compared to what i thought it would be, BUT, afterwards, we all went to lunch and started talking about the test and there were like 12 questions that right off the bat my friends answered a different question to, and upon explaining, i knew they were right and i was wrong...CRAP!..oh well, we get our results tuesday, naturally it has to be a holiday weekend so we have to wait longer.
              thanks again

Comment

good luck to you.

Comment

yessssssss.... found out earlier today..i passed. really good feeling! thanks again everyone, hope to be working with you all soon

Comment

Congrats! I defiently know that feeling. I hope you find something. If you do before i do, send dome of that luck my way lol.

Comment

i appreciated all of the help and support, so for what its worth, i figured i'd let everyone know i have a condition offer from a local department where i live and should start july 1st. i was considering about an 8 month wait until i could get hired somewhere, but it happend right out of the gate. thanks again for everyone's support!
                      -bigger

Comment

Congrats man!! I start with an agency on July 1st too!! Much luck to ya!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6063 users online. 336 members and 5727 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X