300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting..Waiting...Waiting!!

Juss curious if anyone else is nervously waiting the phone call from a specific agency. I am driving my crazy waiting for phone calls!! I have applied at many small town agencies and have met with a couple of chiefs and majors and have apps turned in. I even have been told of places having vacanies and put in my app and F3 with them also. I have heard ggod thing from everyone, but not the info I want ofcourse. Just wanna know if anyone else is in that WAITING PHASE like me!!

Lata
    "Never look both ways without first looking straight"

Originally posted by L.E.O._Hopeful View Post
    Juss curious if anyone else is nervously waiting the phone call from a specific agency. I am driving my crazy waiting for phone calls!! I have applied at many small town agencies and have met with a couple of chiefs and majors and have apps turned in. I even have been told of places having vacanies and put in my app and F3 with them also. I have heard ggod thing from everyone, but not the info I want ofcourse. Just wanna know if anyone else is in that WAITING PHASE like me!!

Lata
    Ive been there.

What part of the state do you live in? How long have you been waiting?
    John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Im in Montgomery County. Thats about an hour east of Concord. I started applying at agencies nearby in March 07. I have 3 solid leads right now. The others just have my info and havent called me yet. BUT Im patient. Im anxious also. Being certified without a badge is like having a burger with no bread.
      "Never look both ways without first looking straight"

Comment

Gah, waiting sucks doesn't it. I have two applications out, but i only have one that i really want to go to and have a good shot at getting in with. The other I'm getting mixed feelings about and I think you got to sign for 3 years so we will see.

Comment

I would never sign a contract unless they offered a signing bonus.
          John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Yeah, I have been hearing alot about the contracts. They had alot of officers leave after they get up and trained. The department was losing alot of money that way so i think they want you to sign contracts now.

Comment

I'll take signing a contract over not having a job any day! I have been out of BLET six months and I am losing my mind playing the waiting game!
              “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
              ― Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
                I'll take signing a contract over not having a job any day! I have been out of BLET six months and I am losing my mind playing the waiting game!
                Yeah, you are becoming kind of desperate it sounds...

I really dont know of many agencies in NC that make you sign a contract, the only one I can think of is Hendersonville, which has a 2 year contract. I dont know if Shelby and Kannapolis have one, they came to mind for some reason.

I would just be wary of an agency that requires a contract, do they need to enter a legal contract with applicants just to help with turn over? That would concern me.

Comment

In the late 90s, when i worked for Winston-Salem P.D., they required you to sign a 3 year contract. They are on their 3rd chief since then, so I'm not sure if they have the requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Marine View Post
                    Yeah, you are becoming kind of desperate it sounds...
                    You have no idea bro! Its not eay to put all that time and effort into something and so far have it not pay off. People I graduated with are already done with FTO and out on thier own, its killing me to not be working yet.
                    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
                    ― Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
                      You have no idea bro! Its not eay to put all that time and effort into something and so far have it not pay off. People I graduated with are already done with FTO and out on thier own, its killing me to not be working yet.
                      Where are you applying at?

Comment

I just heard back from a department. Its my 1st choice because i did four years of Explorers there and its close to home. Don't want to say which because I'm paranoid and don't want to ruin anything before I even start. Now my insides are really torn up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6276 users online. 323 members and 5953 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X