300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boone, NC area

Do we have anyone in the group from Boone, NC or that area? What's the story with the local law enforcement agencies? My wife is considering a forensic science professor position at Appalachian state univ. and I'm doing some research for a potential job on my end. I'm certified in Texas With 10 years experience.

Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

In NC it is fairly easy to get certified when you are currently certified in another state. As far as individual departments, I have no knowledge about that area. You can buy your out of state time in NC retirement system. Otherwise you could keep the Texas time in whatever system you are in and likely work until you are 55 to qualify in NC. I encourage anybody looking to move to NC to read up on North Carolina Local Government Employees Retirement System and also Google " special separation allowance North Carolina local law enforcement ". State employees have there own system and some or all state officers qualify for the separation allowance as well. Retirement is 30 years or age 55, and I believe the separation requires 20 years service.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8241 users online. 441 members and 7800 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X