300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night BLET course in or around Charlotte

Has anyone been successful in finding a BLET course in or around Charlotte that can be taken at night? I have called Gaston Co. college a few times but they never return phone calls.

I work full time and want to shoot for reserves, however I need to find a place that is not 2 hours away from charlotte?

I think for some places they do not offer the class unless they have a minimum amount of people (10 or so).

Any advice?
    TIA

The night course for blet are being held at the RCCC college , the south campus has the day classes and the north campus has night classes.

Comment

Any place closer? That is about 1:10 minutes from me which makes it hard being that I work 7-6 (which I can change 6am-5) then class and 2 hrs commute

Comment

doesn't cpcc offer it???
        John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Gaston College

I am in South Charlotte. Planning on the night school also. Already approved for the reserves at CMPD, just need to complete my BLET. I have been trying to find a school since October last year. Gaston College is starting the night school in August. You have to fill out a packet with them. They are supposed to have the schedule by June 1st. Try calling Ms. Howell at 704-922-6595.

Comment

I did check in to it as well and found out that its 5 nights per week m-f from 6 to 10 and some times to 11 with practicals sometimes on saturdays. The thing that is bad for me is that its 1 hr away from where we are (maybe 40 minutes on a good day), and I am not sure if I can endure that with a full time job.

That really doesnt leave very much time to study

Comment

I took a night BLET with a full time job and drove 45 minutes each way! If its what you really want, you can do it. I also passed the course and Im also in the Army Reserves and had to deal with that on the weekends during the course.

Keep ya head up!
              "Never look both ways without first looking straight"

Comment

Where in or around Charlotteis the class at, I called Gaston and they said it doesn't start til Sept and it is at their Dallas, NC campus.

Comment

Hey LEO, we need to talk!!! I would cut off an arm to get in to that class, and you have no idea how bad I want it. My only concern is being able to really have enough time to study and pass. I would hate to drop 1k to fail.

Send me a priv so we can hook up. I need to get specifics.

Also for gaston, yes they said that they wouldnt have the new schedule until the middle of next month, which leaves me some time to try to pass the test at cmpd.

Comment

I got your message sifu128. I will give ya a shout in a bit.
                    "Never look both ways without first looking straight"

Comment

cool deal!!

Comment

Well I decided to just bite the bullet and enroll in the day class in Huntersville at CPCC. I figure I should be able to work between 20 and 30 hours a week, and still be okay. But only time will tell, if anyone else is taking the class in Huntersville, I'll see ya there. Last names Woodrow so hit me up if your there.
                        Later
                        Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow84 View Post
                          Well I decided to just bite the bullet and enroll in the day class in Huntersville at CPCC. I figure I should be able to work between 20 and 30 hours a week, and still be okay. But only time will tell, if anyone else is taking the class in Huntersville, I'll see ya there. Last names Woodrow so hit me up if your there.
                          Later
                          Matt
                          Hate to burst your bubble man but it will be extremely tough if not impossible to be able to work that much and go through that school sucessfully. It is an excellent program and I actually miss it, but it will take over your life for those four months. I was there at 0600 every day and most days didn't leave untill 1700 or 1730 on a good day. And that was not the end of the day by any means. That school makes you type up the answers for training objectives before each block wich acan be time consuming. Also you have a pretty tough 10 week workout plan on top of the regular pt schedule that you have to get done on your own time. Memorize xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx things. And then you have to take care of your uniforms and boots. Better be lint free, pressed and polished. PM me if you want specifics.
                          Last edited by Fuzz1028; 06-10-2007, 01:39 PM. Reason: didn't want to give away too much.........
                          “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
                          ― Henry Ford

Comment

I taught at the day class at Gaston last week. The School Director mentioned a night class in the fall but didn't sound like it was a for sure thing. With all the changes they have had to make there I'm not sure they have the staff to run two schools at the same time (day class is starting around August). You can keep calling and see if its set in stone or not. Melanie Hoyle is the secretary she might be the easiest to get hold of.

Comment

Well if I can't work that much then I can't. Luckily I have some very understanding parents that are supporting me on this and are willing to lend me some interest free money until I get out, and then I get to start paying it back, granted I am not relying on that at all and as I told them, this is something that I want to do and plan to do it on my own. If it can't be done that way, I know that I have a fall back, but don't plan on using that until I just can't do anything else. Thanks for the feedback, that definatly helps me to know what to expect.
                              Later
                              Matt

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3393 users online. 248 members and 3145 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X