300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gastonia PD

What do you guys know about it? Good? Bad? So-so? I looked at it looks like a good place to work. Decent size dept, SWAT, Dive team, etc. Thanks in advance.

Gastonia enjoys a good reputation in the area. They used to lag behind in pay, but I have heard that problem is behind them now. I think they actually have a structured pay plan, based on years of service, so you can look and have a good idea what you will be earning in 1 , 3, or 5 years for example. Gaston County is a decent place to live, and I think Gastonia PD officers can actually live in any county that adjoins Gaston County, but that is unconfirmed. Provided that pay issue is resolved, I think Gastonia is a good choice.

Comment

I work around that agency and know many of their officers. The good points are the improved salary plan, good equipment and a great opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of LE activities. Its a busy place and I think they are still running a little short handed. As recently as a few months ago I know they were running mandatory overtime to fill patrol shifts to minimum standards. Not sure how many vacancies they have now but I would bet the haven't filled them all. With all the good things, people are still leaving there so I think there are some internal problems. I'm not saying don't apply there I'm just suggesting maybe do some ride alongs and talk to the people there.

Comment

Didnt they recently expand the take home car program there as well?
        John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Yes but I think you have to pay a certain amount to take them out of the city. Not sure how much it is. I'm sure its a per mile price.

Comment

There was an article in the local paper. GPD just hired 9 officers and currently have 4 in BLET. They are still looking to fill 5 more vacancies.

Comment

cool thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4364 users online. 292 members and 4072 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X