300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any CMPD's already here

Just wondering if there are active Officers out of the Academy on here.

There are several.

Comment

Well if any can chime in, I need to ask few questions please.

Comment

Fire away.

Comment

Well been trying to get ahold of a recruiter for 2 days and all voicemails. I got ahold of the admin assistant of the recruit office, and all she was to me was rude..

I am trying to find out If i am planning to be there for end of the year when is good to get started with BLET and the written.

Comment

If you are hoping for a job by the end of the year, now is the time to apply. As friendly advice, you should be a little more patient. Two days is not much to wait for a return phone call from a recruiter. You are not the only one interested in applying. Also, practice your grammar. If you hope to be hired, you will have to demonstrate that you can write clearly.

The application process will probably run 6 months, but I am not a recruiter so I am not positive. Depending on a number of variables, it could take longer, but it also could be slighly shorter. The rumor is that there will be steady hiring over the next few years.

Comment

1000 people apply for 40-80 academy slots per year...as jnhdrac stated, 2 days is not long. Many times they are out of the office traveling to military installations and job fairs.

Comment

Originally posted by jnhdrac View Post
                If you are hoping for a job by the end of the year, now is the time to apply. As friendly advice, you should be a little more patient. Two days is not much to wait for a return phone call from a recruiter. You are not the only one interested in applying. Also, practice your grammar. If you hope to be hired, you will have to demonstrate that you can write clearly.

The application process will probably run 6 months, but I am not a recruiter so I am not positive. Depending on a number of variables, it could take longer, but it also could be slighly shorter. The rumor is that there will be steady hiring over the next few years.
                Thank You for the info. And Ofc, Thank you as well.
                As for my grammer, well I try to do my best.

Comment

Good luck with the process. CMPD is not perfect (I do not believe any PD is), it has been a very good place to work, and I also very much enjoy living in Charlotte.

Comment

The Academy, what is the hours that I would have to attend? Its for 6 months, correct?

Comment

Roughly 27 weeks, hours vary but generally 0750-1700. Some evenings, some early mornings and some late days.

Comment

Thanks Ofc,
                        All the information you are providing helps.

Have you heard from FortDrum lately? Wondering how he is doing in the Academy.

Comment

Whats going on brother,

I am still here just have been very tired over the last week pulling long days but pretty much it is made back up to you over the 26 weeks, no you dont get over time but the way it is worked you might pull a few 40+ weeks and then maybe some 30s you never know.

A lot is planning on your part ie formation at 0750 well you have to have your stuff in the class room your laptop and books ready for the day prior to going to pt, right now we are working on 3 mile runs right now and have already conducted our first BLET test over Physical Fitness are next one which will be this coming week will be over Ethics. So far CMPD has been great I think the most I have spent out of my own pocket maybe would be 50.00 and that is on stuff that will make your life a lot better during training like shirt stays if you dont know what those are you will you have to keep your uniform looking good.

First department thus far I have seen on day one you are given the BLET books the Criminal Code, and NC Traffic law updated issues and laptop, we have our issued department emails which we can use to get in touch with each other and also the instructors can you to get in touch with us. I am happy with my choice to go with CMPD and are finish date is Nov 8 so yes one week down 25 more left.

If I dont get on as much as I do I will try to jump on and let everyone know the low down, some stuff I just cant talk but JNHdrac I think I have seen some emails from you coming thru my Outlook.
                          Last edited by FortDrumPolice; 05-22-2007, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Well glad to hear that everything is going well and that you are happy with what is being offered. I emailed you my cell. So I will talk to you later.

Take care man,

Comment

I noticed someone on here mentioned brushing up on grammar. FortDrumPolice, you may want to heed this advice and check out the proper use of "ARE" and "OUR." Good luck in the academy. A quick "Stay Safe" to three of my former Marine Corps recruits that are current CMPD officers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3549 users online. 175 members and 3374 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X