300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Point PD

Taking the High Point PD POPAT in a few weeks. Any recommendations?

Originally posted by amye12! View Post
    Taking the High Point PD POPAT in a few weeks. Any recommendations?
    Pace yourself...I have not taken the test yet because I am not finished with college but several of my buddies have... They said that quite a few guys would take off full sprint and by the end of the course; they could not get through the last set of pushups and sit-ups. When you do get to the last set, take a breather before you start, you will have plenty of time.. GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

From my experience with the POPAT you can make up time with quick push ups and sit ups. My agency requires us to do the POPAT 2 times a year. I've found that when I do better its usually because I knock those out faster. I would work on those and strengthening your legs for the dummy drags.

Good luck with the process. I worked in High Point from '95-'98 and it was a great place to work. If it weren't for a family move I would still be there.

Comment

Well, how did you do with the POPAT?

Comment

Thanks for all the info, I have heard lots of great things about that Department that is why I hope to be part of them. I did well, they didn't tell us our time, but I completed every step successfully. I figure if I failed they may have told me.

Comment

I am really nervous about taking the Polygraph. I have nothing to hide, clean record but am still just apprehensive. Any suggestions?

Comment

Just try and relax. If you have nothing to worry about then don't. I've only taken one polygraph and it wasn't nearly as stressful as I thought it would be. I went in thinking it would be like 100 questions but it ended up being less than 10.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I will let you know how it went.

Comment

H.p.p.d

Hey Amy E. Work for High Point Police I have been there a year is August. High Point wants hard workers and wants you to do your best. If you have done your push up and sit ups and been running you will be fine on the POPAT. High Point is a hard department to get into due to the high standards they have for individuals. High Point is a GREAT department to work for with the training and the people you work for you will enjoy it.

Good luck to you!!!

Comment

Does anyone know what's High Point PD's # sworn and shifts do they work?

Comment

mikis there is close to 200 sworn officers I think but not exactly sure. We do 10.5 hour shifts and work 4 days and off for four days. you will work 16 days on 1 shift then rotate to 3rd and work 16 more days on third and rotate to 2nd and so on. I love it at High Point it is a really good department to work for.

If you have any other questions just let me know..

Comment

I plan on making High Point my home in about a few years or so. I really like the area. How is the PD on laterals? I just started down here at a small agency and plan on being here for a few years or so. When I move up to a big agency, I would like High Point to be the one.
                        "Never look both ways without first looking straight"

Comment

rileyk85....sent PM

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2970 users online. 135 members and 2835 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X