300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC's ridiculous requirements to enroll in BLET

Obtain criminal records checks from every place you have lived since age 16? Even if you don't have a record? LoL Yeah, if you lived in one place your whole life it would be easy. For most people, expect to pay hundreds of dollars and deal with headaches trying to do your own background investigation. I hear you have to do it again if you get hired on with an agency...LoL I wonder what kind of background the agency does since you are basically doing it for them?

I don't know of any other state or self-sponsored academy in the country that requires someone to do that. It truly is a joke. They even want someone who was in the military and deployed to get one from places like Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. Let me fly to Iraq and get my head chopped off just to comply with NC's ridiculous requirement.

Pass a reading test: I guess the State of NC doesn't believe a high school diploma or college degree means you can read. I know everything is dumbed down but that requirement truly illustrates that the State doesn't even trust higher education. What happened? Did someone illiterate enroll in BLET and the community college was worried about a lawsuit if they kicked the person out? LoL

Most HS grads can’t read past the 6th grade level.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Yeah I once interviewed a guy who was drawing disability because he couldn't read. BTW, he had a high school diploma. Just saying.

Comment

I suppose it's good as a preventative measure so that those who never really want to go into LE (criminal element), but just want to learn whatever they can about our job won't get in and take up a spot from someone else who does want to do this job. I remember do a reading comprehension test, and I think I had to submit a criminal history as well. That was over 24 years ago now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11916 users online. 468 members and 11448 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X