X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting fit for the Physical Test/Wriitting test

Hi,

How are you all....Im the noobie here

If I am planning to be in NC by Jan/Feb to live there. When Should I start the process with CMPD?

Also I have been reading alot of the posts in regards of fitness and being ready for the physical exam part..Now I have been always been in shape, But I let myself go a little with stress and also I guess no excuse here but as my wife calls it, sympathy weight when she had our 2 kids..lol....But anyway I want to get back into shape so I can take the exam. I am 5'6 225lbs my arms are still toned, but the waist area is what needs shaping. Any help would be great.
    Last edited by Silvermuscle; 05-01-2007, 05:35 PM.

Originally posted by Silvermuscle View Post
    Hi,

How are you all....Im the noobie here

If I am planning to be in NC by Jan/Feb to live there. When Should I start the process with CMPD?

Also I have been reading alot of the posts in regards of fitness and being ready for the physical exam part..Now I have been always been in shape, But I let myself go a little with stress and also I guess no excuse here but as my wife calls it, sympathy weight when she had our 2 kids..lol....But anyway I want to get back into shape so I can take the exam. I am 5'6 225lbs my arms are still toned, but the waist area is what needs shaping. Any help would be great.
    Congrats on moving to North Carolina and even better Charlotte, I have been here since March 28 and have loved every bit of it. I would say the first thing you would want to do is call the recruitment toll free number that can also be found on the site 1.877.525.6145 set up a date as soon as you feel you are able to make it down to the area they are already starting hiring for the Sept class and I think they should be starting another class around the Jan time frame.

As far as the physical shape the JRPAT is really easy to pass dont sweat it take a look at some of the other posts and get in touch with some of the guys that have just done it. Mine was conducted in Dec while I was still living in NY.

Day 1 Recorded oral interview, JRPAT and psychological testing, Polygraph

Day 2 Medical and by 830pm I was back home in NY

If I was you I would start working out getting into shape now if you feel you are that far out of shape, the better is always best but at 40% you should be able to do just fine. Call talk to them get set up to take the written test and pass that send in your application to them once all that is in you are good to go.

Below are the 2007 dates
    May 5, 2007
    May 19, 2007
    June 9, 2007
    June 23, 2007
    July 7, 2007
    July 28, 2007
    August 11, 2007
    August 25, 2007
    September 15, 2007
    September 29, 2007
    October 13, 2007
    October 27, 2007
    November 10, 2007
    December 8, 2007

Practice Dates
    May 4, 2007
    June 8, 2007
    July 6, 2007
    August 10, 2007
    September 14, 2007
    October 12, 2007
    November 9, 2007
    December 7, 2007

Go from there you might say that I have alot of time on my hands well I do I have been on leave from the military since March 27 still getting a check from Uncle Sam for my last 5 years of service and waiting to become part of the CMPD's 152nd Class. PM me if you need any help with anything else

Comment

Thanks for the info..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4942 users online. 277 members and 4665 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X