Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sixpanel
    replied
    I won't be any more generic than "Administration." I don't want to bring any attention to specific officers.

Leave a comment:

• NC Marine
    replied
    Originally posted by sixpanel View Post
    Good luck at KPD...I know a couple of the guys and they aren't happy there. I also know several former employees...obviously they weren't happy either, so they left to go to other agencies. Salisbury PD is having the same trouble.
    Why arent they happy at Kannapolis or Salisbury?

Leave a comment:

• sixpanel
    replied
    Good luck at KPD...I know a couple of the guys and they aren't happy there. I also know several former employees...obviously they weren't happy either, so they left to go to other agencies. Salisbury PD is having the same trouble.

Leave a comment:

• madralf
    replied
    as long as you live in the county

Leave a comment:

• NC Marine
    replied
    Originally posted by madralf View Post
    started with 22 then down to 12 then down to 8.
    Wow, thats alot more than I would have thought. Maybe they have been collecting applications for a while. Good luck to you, maybe this agency "is the one". Whats the take home car policy for them?

Leave a comment:

• madralf
    replied
    I just did my background investigation interview and the BI has started and hoping to be done by end of next week.

Leave a comment:

• madralf
    replied
    started with 22 then down to 12 then down to 8.

Leave a comment:

• NC Marine
    replied
    Good job, moving right along. How many applicants are there?

Leave a comment:

• madralf
    replied
    Well , I passed the POPAT and the written test and now on to the online survey.

Leave a comment:

• madralf
    replied
    I got my packet , And will do the written and popat on the 29th and interview that same day.

Leave a comment:

• madralf
    replied
    Ok , So it wasn't for any bad reason , that's good. What firing range did you go to

Leave a comment:

• NC Marine
    replied
    May I ask why you withdrew from Kannapolis ?
    Sure. I accepted a job with a different agency.

I was already in the process with a couple of other agencies, and was a little further along in the other agencies process than Kannapolis.

I would have liked to work for KPD, but my BI stated that it may take up to 6 months to complete the hiring process (I had already graduated BLET). I needed a job then, and could not wait 6 months.

Leave a comment:

• madralf
    replied
    May I ask why you withdrew from Kannapolis ?

Leave a comment:

• NC Marine
    replied
    I turned in my application on friday and got word today I will be getting a packet to fill out. So I take it I passed that part , now what all is in the packet ? And the popat is on the 29th. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
    Sounds like not much has changed in the last two years.

When you get the packet, it will include a Drs release form. It basically states that the doctor believes you are in good enough physical shape to make it through the popat. If you've had a physical or check-up in the past 12-18 months, the Drs office should be able to just sign off on it.

You go to a firing range where the popat is held, there is a popat course there. You meet the instructor and hand her your Drs release form. Do your popat and then head to the PD for your written test.

After your written test, you will hand in your F-3 form. Remember to bring all required paper work, like a copy of your birth cert. and HS diploma, etc...

They will tell you then if you passed your tests. After that they explain the app process to you. That day I got my photo and fingerprints done as well. The next day they had us come in for a written pyschological test.

Thats about all I remember, I withdrew from the process shortly afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• madralf
    replied
    I turned in my application on friday and got word today I will be getting a packet to fill out. So I take it I passed that part , now what all is in the packet ? And the popat is on the 29th. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3317 users online. 255 members and 3062 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X