300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kannapolis PD ??

HAS anybody looked at or applied at Kannapolis PD.

I applied in the summer of 2005. First I went by their employment office and submitted a city application. Then they mailed me a letter giving me a time and place for a popat. I was there with 3 other people. After the popat,we went directly to the PD where we took a written exam. We all passed. We were also fingerprinted and photographed, all in the same day.

I was then assigned a background investigator that I also met with that same day.

My BI called me a little later and set up a date for me to talk to him more thoroughly. I never went back there because I accepted a job offer with another agency later on. In fact, I think all the people I was applying with went to other agencies instead of Kannapolis. I actually felt sorry for them (KPD) because they couldnt get anyone.
    John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Can you tell me what the popat consist of ?

Comment

You start by sitting inside a patrol car. The instructor gives you a street name like Cherry and Oak street that you have to remember. Then you start. You unbuckle yourself and go to the stairs, going up and down 5 steps 3 times. Then you go through a weighted door, after that you do 20 pushups and 20 situps. Then you crawl through a tunnel, and when you get through it you do 20 more sit ups and pushups. Then you jog a certain distance out into the field and come back to the patrol car where you drag a 150 lbs dummy about 30 feet. The instructor then asks you for the street names, you tell him and the time stops. If you forget the street namesyou must jog/run 100 yards or so and come back.

Sounds like a lot, and I may be a little out of sequence there but its not that hard. As long as you are in shape you should be ok. The best advice is to not run to each event, save your breath and energy for the pushups and situps. When I went for the popat with Kannapolis, one of the guys there walked the entire thing (he had a bad knee) and still made it with time to spare.
        John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

I think the time limit is 7mins and 20sec correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

POPAT

1. Start seated & buckled in the car with your hands on a wheel. Instructor will give you two street names. On Go you exit the car

2. Run 100 yards to cone, turn around run 100 yards back to passenger side of the car

3. Unbuckle the 150 lb passenger and body drag them 50 feet to the base of the stairs

4. Run the stairs 3 times, touching every step

5. Hit the 50lb weighted door

6. 20 Pushups & 20 Situps

7. Run the stairs 3 times, touching every step

8. Crawl the 40 foot tunnel on hands and knees

9. Exit the tunnel and do 20 Pushups and 20 Situps

10. Complete the 200 yar run again

11. Return to the vehicle where 150lb victim will be standing

12. Perform the 150 lb body drag again

13. At the end of the drag you need to call out the street names, if you forget them you have to do the 200 yard run again.

State time limit is 7:20
            “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
            ― Henry Ford

Comment

All right , looks like a good challenge, Thanks for all the info .

Comment

Kannapolis PD is currently accepting applications through May 11th.

Comment

Ok , thanks . what can you tell me about the written test you take at the begining of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by madralf View Post
                    Ok , thanks . what can you tell me about the written test you take at the begining of the process.
                    The written test was a combined test of basic english, reading, and math. Not too hard. Its a timed test too.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Marine View Post
                      The written test was a combined test of basic english, reading, and math. Not too hard. Its a timed test too.
                      Ok , Thank you !

Comment

Ok , Thank you !
                        No problem. Since you asked about the popat Im guessing you havent been to BLET yet. At the time I applied, I know they were sponsoring cadets in the BLET program and paying a salary for those who they sponsored, which is a good deal.

The city appears to be growing pretty quickly too.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

NCMARINE, Thats what i was told about the sponsor, so I am almost done with the application and will turn it in this week before friday. wish me luck

Comment

NCMARINE, Thats what i was told about the sponsor, so I am almost done with the application and will turn it in this week before friday. wish me luck

Good luck! I'm not in LE but that is my home town, I grew up there. The majority of my family still lives there and I try to visit when I can. Yes, the town (used to be a town) has grown and is still growing. Not sure if you are from the area or not, but it doesn't even seem like home anymore with Cannon Mills torn down. They've re-designed a lot of the roads around town and it has changed so much in the last 20yrs.

It is a pretty good place to be, the bars around there are housed with a lot of crazy people so be careful. When I was growing up they called it little Chicago ... lol. Oh well, now that I've visited memory lane I will just wish you lots of luck.
                            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

~~ Life's a garden, dig it ~~

Comment

I turned in my application on friday and got word today I will be getting a packet to fill out. So I take it I passed that part , now what all is in the packet ? And the popat is on the 29th. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3054 users online. 144 members and 2910 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X