300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO from Mountains

Is anyone here from Alleghany, Wilkes, Ashe or Surry counties? I live in alleghany, i'm looking to start a career in LE after high school.

I grew up in Alleghany but haven't really lived there since I went off to college. My brother worked for the Sheriffs Office there in the late 80's and I remember he was making just above minimum wage at the time. On top of that he had to buy is own gun and leather gear. I am sure its changed now. Sheriff Edwards always seemed like a good guy when I was growing up and I'm sure he'll change that department for the best. As for Sparta PD its not so bad either. Like most small towns there will be some local politics involved. You won't be able to escape that. When I started out I just wanted to be part of a bigger agency. The training and experience I have had in 12 years couldn't be had in 30 years up there. My advice would be go to college and then look for LE jobs. The degree is something that will prove to be harder to get once you are out on your own working.

Good luck. If you have any questions fire away.

Comment

yeah

Yeah, i've been told Surry Community has a good LE program. I don't know about Wilkes. Edwards has done alot so far, for the better. Improved the vehicles, trying to get newer ones and open more jobs. And sort of crack down on the drug problems. Right now i'm thinking of the agencies i know. But i know as i learn more I won't be so narrow about it. Out of curiosity what department do you work at in NC?
      Last edited by ncmountain; 05-01-2007, 06:57 PM.

Comment

By GCPD's screen name I would guess he/she works at Gaston County Police Dept. I believe they have the requirement of a holding a Bachelor's Degree to work there.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan73 View Post
          By GCPD's screen name I would guess he/she works at Gaston County Police Dept. I believe they have the requirement of a holding a Bachelor's Degree to work there.

You would be correct. You win a free Sun Drop

Comment

Ha ha, thanks GCPD. The former police chief in Lenoir, J. Warlick, went to high school with my parents and is a family friend. He always told me if I decided to get into law enforcement, then GCPD would be the place to do it. He always had great things to say about your dept.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6280 users online. 328 members and 5952 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X