Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i'm testing this saturday... anyone else?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i'm testing this saturday... anyone else?

I called the academy and set my appt. to perform the JRPAT and the DELPOE this saturday. I can't wait. I practiced the JRPAT friday at with my trainer at my gym and did it in 5:22. This morning I did it again and did it in 5:02. The max time you can make it in is 6:18 so I feel pretty confident.

Is anyone else testing this weekend?

-Donald Esilck
    John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Dude you should have no problem just remember the street name that is pretty much it, you can jog it and pretty much make it. I take it that you are shooting for the Sept class.

Comment

Yea man like FTDrum said, remember the street, repeat it when your doing the test, don't got balls out, just pace yourself and you will be fine. Its easy! REMEMBER THE STREET/INTERSECTION NAME, if not you have to run either 6 laps or until the name pops up in your head, good luck tell us how you did!

Comment

Yea i'm looking forward to testing... i'm hoping to shoot for the sept. cl***, BUT i'm also in the midst of selling my construction business. so if it isn't sold by then, then i MIGHT (hopefully not) have to postpone till the january cl***...

-donald

is the written test hard? what's it like?
        John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

It is something that you will be very happy with I had the choice of going back to IL and working with the state police and I picked the CMPD for the area I am tried of the cold. But so far I have liked everything about the department.

Comment

Originally posted by FortDrumPolice View Post
            It is something that you will be very happy with I had the choice of going back to IL and working with the state police and I picked the CMPD for the area I am tried of the cold. But so far I have liked everything about the department.
            what division will you be working in?

-donald

Comment

Originally posted by FortDrumPolice View Post
              haha..the cold is my wife's biggest fear (mine too). She's from NY but doesn't function well in the cold (literally...has circulation issues). I'm also a little leary of northern departments for my own reasons but I'm very impressed with ISP (from there orginally) and am finishing up the process. Academy starts June 24 and the pay is GREAT!

Biggest reason and the most important.... retirement. I can't stress this enough. Young officer don't follow their state retirement until it's too late. In SC it's 25 years for full retirement with 54%. Illinois it's full at the same time but if you last to 26.8, it's 85% with a higher salary to draw from anyways.

At any rate, good luck with CMPD. I have a lot of respect for that agency. High on my list.

Don't forget to post and let us know how it's going.

Comment

Originally posted by Eslick View Post
                what division will you be working in?

-donald
                Oh I will not know that division I am going to until I am almost done with training, which is a while from now. My picks in order will be

1. South
                2. Central
                3. Steele Creek (Division I live)

I know alot of people might not like to work the same area as they live but I am about 1 mile from the Steele Creek office and if that is given that would be good but I would like either South or Central Central because you are downtown.

These are just me.

Comment

I rode along in the Steele Creek division not too long ago. They had some very good officers in that division (I'm sure its like that all around the board, just the only division I had experience with) and a very diverse community they served.

I saw some high end real estate areas, nice commercial district, Carowinds, and Nations Ford Rd

Sorry for the hijack

Comment

haha I take it nations ford rd was a shock? its funny i live next to it, been on it 2 times, thats it!
                    Last edited by Mejo83; 04-27-2007, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Its not that bad just on parts of it are a little lower income, I dont have a problem with it. I take it to get to parts of South Blvd. and also when I want to grab something to eat at Sonic. I would not be out there walking at night but just passing threw not a shock really.

Comment

The road itself isn't that bad, however I got to go to a few of the neighborhoods and apartment complexes off of it. Thats where I saw the most throughout the shift.

Nations Ford is a fairly long road, some parts are nice near the Ramblewood Park area.

It is the worst at the intersection with the Shell and BP gas stations.

Comment

I think that is Arrowood and Nations Ford, I had to go to that DMV right there to get my drivers license it was pretty pack. I sat down with out looking at the DMV book and only missed 3 on the test, it was a guy there who was on his 5th day of trying to pass the test lol

Comment

WELL!!!

I passed the JRPAT running a 4:23. I'm very excited! I'll know if I passed the DELPOE next thursday afternoon. I'll definitely keep y'all up to date...

Thanks for the support y'all...

-Eslick

Comment

Told ya it would be easy, if you dont mind me asking about how many people attended this or was it just you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6277 users online. 324 members and 5953 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X