300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sworn Detention position

Will a sworn detention position hold your BLET cert? One dept. I applied to has a Jailer II position, that is basically a jailer that can be put on LE duty if needed. Another just has a sworn detention position. I have a few background issues that are making getting a job a little tougher for me than most. These positions seem a little easier to get. I have no problem proving myself in the jail as long as it holds my cert.

As usual, thanks in advance!
    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
    ― Henry Ford

You really need to ask the appropriate agency. As a general rule though, if it is a sworn position, and you are sworn in as a deputy sheriff, then it should count. I understand that Mecklenburg County's detention officers are not sworn and do not attend BLET. They also have the job title "detention officer" and not "deputy sheriff". The title "deputy sheriff" should mean it is a sworn position, and would count as a law enforcement position. Mecklenburg does have deputies who work in arrest processing, but I think those who work in the jail are all detention officers now.

Comment

Detention officer certification tends to be a whole seperate course then what officers and deputies take.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6251 users online. 354 members and 5897 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X