Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fitness questions after blet.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fitness questions after blet.

    Hey all hows it going? I need some opinions from other LEO's on how to fit in a workout routine while doing crazy shifts. By workout schedule I mean not just going to the gym when you find time, but having a goal and achieving it or training for something inparticular. We work 2 weeks of days then 2 weeks of nights, then back to days, 12 hour shifts. Since Blet got me in decent shape I wanted to go further and am training for sprint triathalons and 5k's. My problem is after coming off a 12 hour shift I am wiped and have a hard time getting to the gym. My first day off I am usually recovering and cant workout very well since my energy isnt there. By the second day Im good to go and do some good training. Next day Im back at work on a 12 hour shift. Anyone else deal with this problem? Maybe Im not eating enough as well wih contributes to not having alot of energy, but its still rough. Any help anyone can give me I would appreciate it.
    Susupect Suspect..I have a trianed K9 come out come out or you will be bitten.

  • #2
    Well this is what I would say since being certified in health try some products called Cellmass and N.O Xplode they are made by a company by the name of BSN you can find this great products at your local Vitamin World or GNC, or if you can wait a little and save a bunch use this website

    http://www.prosource.net

    The cellmass is a great recovery nighttime drink and the NO Xplode is just that a burst of energy when going into the weight room hince prework out drink give those a try you will get the energy when I started working out about 2 years ago while in the military, I was lifting about 150lbs now I am up to almost 375lbs but I did gain weight from 195 to 245lbs.

    Comment


    • #3
      great i will check that out, just curious though. The weight you gained, was that lean muscle mass or fat? Probably lean mass but just thought I better ask first. I dont mind getting bigger, my main goal is to loose fat and get muscle. I dont wanna be skinny but ripped if possible.
      Susupect Suspect..I have a trianed K9 come out come out or you will be bitten.

      Comment


      • #4
        lean muscle of coursen but you still want to keep that cardio up creatine does not help with your run but if you get a product like Endrox R4 it is a great recovery drink alot of runners really use that product also you have some pretty good weight loss products such as Redline and Hydroxycut which work great also I pretty much eat what I want to eat and work out M-F I have been able to stay cut.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the info, I have been researching some things you told me and I have a few questions maybe you can help me on. I want to be at a lower body fat % now, and since Im not that bad on weight anymore is it better to loose weight (about another 10 to 15 pounds for my goal) or just start lifting more and gain muscle mass and cut body fat? I have noticed as I lose weight I lose muscle since I'm not eating enough. I dont mind gaining weight as long as its muscle and my body fat% goes down. If I go the route of lifting and eating more to gain muscle, will creatine help me? My good friend who lifts alot is doing creatine and having good results but he doesnt have to worry about body fat. Any suggestions? thanks
          Susupect Suspect..I have a trianed K9 come out come out or you will be bitten.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have been using creatine for over two years and would have to say lifting and not thinking about the weight is the best way to go.

            This is what I know about creatine it promotes muscle growth in two ways

            Muscle Volumizing: The first, and most rapid, form of muscle growth involves the movement of fluids from the blood stream into skeletal muscle, causing muscles to swell. This process is muscle volumizing, since muscles increase in volume (size) as a result of muscle fluid retention. The early phase of muscle growth can account for as much as (2-5 pounds) of additional body mass during just the first few weeks of supplementation.

            Protein Synthesis: The second form of muscle growth is slower to be realized and involves the production of new muscle proteins, a process scientifically termed protein synthesis. Remember, exercise is an essential stimulus for muscle development however, unlike the effects of muscle volumizing that disappear about one month of terminating supplementation, the ergogenic (performance enhancing) effects of protein synthesis will last long after discontinuing supplementation.

            You can use a few different weight loss drinks like Redline it is a very good and potent fat burner not like redbull but more that 10x stronger you will feel the effects of this stuff which is good but anything that will raise your heart rate you dont want to take this before running. It is best to use this before workouts to get that extra push of energy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FortDrumPolice
              I have been using creatine for over two years and would have to say lifting and not thinking about the weight is the best way to go.

              This is what I know about creatine it promotes muscle growth in two ways

              Muscle Volumizing: The first, and most rapid, form of muscle growth involves the movement of fluids from the blood stream into skeletal muscle, causing muscles to swell. This process is muscle volumizing, since muscles increase in volume (size) as a result of muscle fluid retention. The early phase of muscle growth can account for as much as (2-5 pounds) of additional body mass during just the first few weeks of supplementation.

              Protein Synthesis: The second form of muscle growth is slower to be realized and involves the production of new muscle proteins, a process scientifically termed protein synthesis. Remember, exercise is an essential stimulus for muscle development however, unlike the effects of muscle volumizing that disappear about one month of terminating supplementation, the ergogenic (performance enhancing) effects of protein synthesis will last long after discontinuing supplementation.

              You can use a few different weight loss drinks like Redline it is a very good and potent fat burner not like redbull but more that 10x stronger you will feel the effects of this stuff which is good but anything that will raise your heart rate you dont want to take this before running. It is best to use this before workouts to get that extra push of energy.

              Does hydroxycut speed your heart rate up?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JMSweitzer
                Does hydroxycut speed your heart rate up?
                Yep, it is a thermalgentic which means it raises your body temperature to cause you to burn fat faster. But dont get me wrong Hydroxycut is a great product also there is so much to be learned about all this stuff, I use Xenadrine Hardcore right now I cycle on and off three months on then three months off.

                Also start using a good whey protein Muslce mike is by far the best tasting protein that is out on the market. Stop in to your local Vitamin World they will mix you up some if you tell them you would like to taste before you buy or you could always just buy it and try it for the taste if its not what you want then return it. But keep in my good things for the body does not always taste great.

                Comment


                • #9
                  FortDrum, I previously read in your post where you said not to take supplements that speed you heart rate up while running... So I take it that hydroxycutt would not be something to take on a running program?? I hate for you to run around in circles about this, but I want to clarify this because I just bought hydroxycutt about a week ago and started doing some heavy running.. I don’t want to fall over with a heart attack or anything. All I am concerned with right now is dropping weight and keeping my cardio up…Am I doing the right thing? Sorry if I am sounding Repetitive..
                  Last edited by JMSweitzer; 04-11-2007, 12:32 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    JM, Im dont know as much as Fort but I can tell you my experience. Before BLET in August of last year I weighed 263 on my pre physical. I used a therma called ripped fuel, and ran alot and some weights here and there plus PT in BLET. And I did fine, What I did however was take the therma well before or after running to keep my heart rate up some when not training. For example, PT in the morning and I would take ripped fuel well after lunch time. Currently Im at 193. I cycled it as well, took one bottle, then broke from it for a few weeks or so, then started on it again. Everybody is different so if you feel weird stop. Feelling like a adrenaline rush is normal. Also, depending on your food intake protein drinks are essential. I reduced my caloric intake greatly and supplemented with protein to build muscle. When you lose alot of weight your going to lose muscle. So the protein helps to keep that muscle. One last thing is this, supplements are great for working out, but from what I have learned by training for a triathalon is that supplements give extra strength for anarobic activity like weight lifting not endurance stuff like long distance running. I would suggest maintain your cardio and lift weights to reduce body fat. Muscle eats fat. If im wrong on any of this please correct me Fort.
                    Susupect Suspect..I have a trianed K9 come out come out or you will be bitten.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JMSweitzer
                      FortDrum, I previously read in your post where you said not to take supplements that speed you heart rate up while running... So I take it that hydroxycutt would not be something to take on a running program?? I hate for you to run around in circles about this, but I want to clarify this because I just bought hydroxycutt about a week ago and started doing some heavy running.. I don’t want to fall over with a heart attack or anything. All I am concerned with right now is dropping weight and keeping my cardio up…Am I doing the right thing? Sorry if I am sounding Repetitive..

                      I dont know about falling over with a heart attack each persons body is different I have used Hydroxycut and did alot of cardio from from my own stand point, I dont like the way it makes me feel while during cardio it gives you that extra winded effect.

                      But it does work as a great recovery product ie work out do your cardio when you get done take a shower and pop some hydroxycut, I also take it that you use this in the morning and afternoon you dont want to take it to late in the evening you could have trouble falling alseep for me I can go to sleep if with taken it around 7pm but you dont want to push it that far.

                      And Sarpup you think that Ripped was good try Redline the drink formula it is made by VPX There's enough caffeine in this product to kill an ox. There's caffeine citrate, caffeine anhydrous (a very rapidly absorbed version of caffeine), plus yerba mate and green tea, both of which contain caffeine.
                      Its been a while since I tried to break it down but I will try the very best that I can....
                      1) Caffeine: a mild thermogenic, I suspect there's a ton and a half of this stuff in Redline... if the jitters I experienced are any indication. Too bad caffeine only comes into its own when combined with aspirin and ephedrine.

                      2) Green tea: one of the few natural weight loss supplements that has some real clinical data behind its effectiveness.

                      3) Yerba Mate: contains caffeine, and may delay gastric emptying, leading to increased feelings of satiety (fullness) allowing you to feel "fuller", longer.

                      4) 5 HTP (5 hydroxy-l-tryptophan): 5-HTP is often used to treat mild depression on the premise that as a precursor to serotonin (a chemical neurotransmitter found in the brain). 5-HTP can increase serotonin levels and influence mood. There is some evidence 5-HTP may indeed have an effect on appetite, and possibly even mood, but these positive results were with a significantly high dose... I'd be surprised if Redline contained that much 5 HTP.

                      5) cAMP: Cyclic adenosine monophosphate is a "cellular regulator." In other words, this compound camp is required to "spark" many intercellular processes. An increased concentration of camp can have such "total-body" effects such as raised thyroid hormone levels and increased fat burning.

                      6) Yohimbe: The standardized extract of the bark of the African Yohimbe tree, this compound is often used as a natural aphrodisiac. It is also sold as a drug (in the U.S., a popular brand is Yohimex containing 5.4 milligram of yohimbine hydrochloride per tablet) and is used to treat impotency, dilate the pupil of the eye, and stimulate fat loss. Because it can cause unpredictable effects on blood pressure, Yohimbe should be approached with caution.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FortDrumPolice
                        I dont know about falling over with a heart attack each persons body is different I have used Hydroxycut and did alot of cardio from from my own stand point, I dont like the way it makes me feel while during cardio it gives you that extra winded effect.

                        But it does work as a great recovery product ie work out do your cardio when you get done take a shower and pop some hydroxycut, I also take it that you use this in the morning and afternoon you dont want to take it to late in the evening you could have trouble falling alseep for me I can go to sleep if with taken it around 7pm but you dont want to push it that far.

                        And Sarpup you think that Ripped was good try Redline the drink formula it is made by VPX There's enough caffeine in this product to kill an ox. There's caffeine citrate, caffeine anhydrous (a very rapidly absorbed version of caffeine), plus yerba mate and green tea, both of which contain caffeine.
                        Its been a while since I tried to break it down but I will try the very best that I can....
                        1) Caffeine: a mild thermogenic, I suspect there's a ton and a half of this stuff in Redline... if the jitters I experienced are any indication. Too bad caffeine only comes into its own when combined with aspirin and ephedrine.

                        2) Green tea: one of the few natural weight loss supplements that has some real clinical data behind its effectiveness.

                        3) Yerba Mate: contains caffeine, and may delay gastric emptying, leading to increased feelings of satiety (fullness) allowing you to feel "fuller", longer.

                        4) 5 HTP (5 hydroxy-l-tryptophan): 5-HTP is often used to treat mild depression on the premise that as a precursor to serotonin (a chemical neurotransmitter found in the brain). 5-HTP can increase serotonin levels and influence mood. There is some evidence 5-HTP may indeed have an effect on appetite, and possibly even mood, but these positive results were with a significantly high dose... I'd be surprised if Redline contained that much 5 HTP.

                        5) cAMP: Cyclic adenosine monophosphate is a "cellular regulator." In other words, this compound camp is required to "spark" many intercellular processes. An increased concentration of camp can have such "total-body" effects such as raised thyroid hormone levels and increased fat burning.

                        6) Yohimbe: The standardized extract of the bark of the African Yohimbe tree, this compound is often used as a natural aphrodisiac. It is also sold as a drug (in the U.S., a popular brand is Yohimex containing 5.4 milligram of yohimbine hydrochloride per tablet) and is used to treat impotency, dilate the pupil of the eye, and stimulate fat loss. Because it can cause unpredictable effects on blood pressure, Yohimbe should be approached with caution.
                        Thanks FortDrum!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No problem man if you need any other health fitness advice just let me know there is not to much out there that I have not either used or tried.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm also a candidate for CMPD Class 152 and have been stressing a bit lately over my physical preperations. I've been in the gym 3 days a week since January, running 4-5 days a week and then doing a calisthenics workout on the 3 days I'm not in the gym. Does anyone have any ideas on what to expect and/or what I should be focusing on in the last month before the academy? Thanks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              in my opinion, work on anarobic type exercise. The popat is meant to have a person go hardcore for 10 minutes straight. Its not that difficult, but the better you are on endurance the more prepared you will be. I dont know the pt setting for cmpd but if you can run 2 miles and sprint do 20 pushups 20 situps x 2 you should be fine.
                              Susupect Suspect..I have a trianed K9 come out come out or you will be bitten.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3227 users online. 160 members and 3067 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X