300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cumberland County SO

Anyone have any info on the hiring process here? Looks similar to Mecklenburg.
    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
    ― Henry Ford

Taking a PT test soon, somebody has to know something about this place. The SO website doesn't say a whole lot, so any comments are appreciated!
    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
    ― Henry Ford

Comment

Are you familiar with the Fayetteville area? Kind of a crappy place, but you'll probably stay very busy.

I know nothing about the department, only the area. They seem to be a fairly squared away department just from what I've witnessed while visiting Fayetteville.

Comment

Fayetteville isn't crappy. It's not as nice as anything in the Triangle, but it has its bright spots.

Comment

It's not called "Fayettenam" for nothing. A friend of mine works for CCSO and I'm over there quite a bit; they seem to enjoy a better reputation amongst the citizens than FPD. That said, it seems to suffer from a good deal of politics (moreso than usual) and deputies in positions they shouldn't be in.

Comment

I lived there for 15 years. It has its bad parts just like any other place, but their are certainly worse places to live and work.

Comment

well I went out ther for a PT test. The people I met from the department seemed very professional. Didn't actually see the Sheriff's Office, we did a POPAT at a college. The area seemed pretty nice, not at all what I expected.
              ― Henry Ford

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5143 users online. 321 members and 4822 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X