Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mays
    replied
    Here's a couple of cartoon tributes from the local paper.

Leave a comment:

• Mays
    replied
    It was my first LEO funeral as well and what a powerful one. The most amazing thing was the citizens lining the streets along the route. To see the flags and the signs that the citizens made was almost too much for me. It was very encouraging.

Leave a comment:

• FilletOFish
    replied
    I just got in from Officer Clark's funeral, my first LEO funeral. It was the most powerful and moving thing that I have ever experienced. The support of the community and of fellow LEO's was overwhelming. There were officers from all over NC and I also saw officers from New York and Georgia. The citizens of Charlotte had lined the twenty mile route from the church to the gravesite and were waving flags, homemade signs, saying thank you and clapping as we passed.

Unfortunately I am on duty tomorrow and will not be able to attend Officer Shelton's service.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families and brother officers of these two.

Godspeed.

Leave a comment:

• FortDrumPolice
    replied
    I was just looking at the news and it showed that as of right now the state of north carolina has lost more cops in the line of duty than any other, we are currently sitting at 6 last year there was none. Something has to be done killing a public servent has to be the worst crime. Canada has a law where you shoot at a cop even if you dont hit him gets you life but they dont have the death sentance so the only down fall to that would be you would get the same thing if you kill him also.

But somethig must be done about this.

Leave a comment:

• Glider
    replied
    This is deeply saddening. May justice be served to the departed officers and their families.

Leave a comment:

• ofc129
    replied
    There is no second suspect, and no relationship to the gang crackdown in Hidden Valley.

Leave a comment:

• megasaurus
    replied
    We've been following the story from up here in Columbus. I'm so sorry for what has happened. Have they determined if there was a second suspect or not? We were very curious about the details of the incident.

Leave a comment:

• JMSweitzer
    replied
    Does any know if this had to do with the big gang crackdown that CMPD just did? I heard they arrested like 15 one week ago?

Leave a comment:

• Mays
    replied
    Here's information regarding services for these fine officers.

Officer Sean Clark

April 4, 2007
    Visitation at Calvary Church, 1700-1930 hours
    5801 Pineville Matthews Rd. Charlotte, NC 28226

April 5, 2007
    Funeral at Calvary Church, 1100 hours

Burial will follow at Forest Lawn West
    4601 Freedom Drive Charlotte, NC 28208

Officer Jeff Shelton

April 5, 2007
    Visitation at Calvary Church, 1700-1930 hours

April 6, 2007
    Funeral at Calvary Church, 1100 hours

Burial immediately following at a location to be announced

Leave a comment:

• armyfi
    replied
    My heart goes out to both officers. May justice be served to the coward (s) that pulled trigger.

God speed and Rest in peace brothers.

Leave a comment:

• sifu128
    replied
    This is just sad that someone would go out of their way to do this. They should off him publicly and let everybody know this is what will happen when you take a life out of spite (expecially a LEO).

My prayers go out to both officers families and their co-workers.
    RIP
    Last edited by sifu128; 04-02-2007, 08:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mgaray9273
    replied
    I hope they get the needle quick... Cowards...

Leave a comment:

• Mays
    replied
    Here's a bit of an update.

The Link

Since late Saturday night, police have been trying to piece together the tragic chain of events that led to the line of duty deaths of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Officers Jeffrey Shelton and Sean Clark. Throughout the day, detectives have been interviewing scores of witnesses, teams of officers have been out collecting evidence while those close to the slain officers provide essential support to the officers' family members and each other.

CMPD Homicide Detectives have interviewed and subsequently signed Murder warrants against Demetrius Antonio Montgomery (12-20-1981). He has been charged with two counts of First Degree Murder. Montgomery has a lengthy arrest history in Mecklenburg County, dating back to January of 1998.

Leave a comment:

• imtherookie
    replied
    saw it on the news when i got home from work this moring hope yall get um keep us updated

Leave a comment:

• FortDrumPolice
    replied
    Update

One suspect has been taken in for questioning and has been with police for several hours.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4597 users online. 302 members and 4295 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X