X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Marine
    replied
    I agree Barbrady.

If you are currently attending BLET, some agencies will let you apply before you graduate, so then you can actually have a job when you do graduate or be real close to getting a job.

Either way, apply at several places...you dont have to take the first offer you get, and it keeps your options open.

Leave a comment:

• Barbrady
    replied
    Congrats on passing BLET/State Exam. Do yourselves a favor and do not stop your pursuit of a job. The year will come up quickly. I was in the process with many different agencies but the length of time for the app. process can cut it close....depending. The job I ended up landing was within days of my BLET expiring. In fact, my probationary certs. from standards were not completed until after that time period. Just fyi...ya know. Don't be afraid to take a reserve job to keep your certs. if it comes down to it. Of the 12 from my BLET graduating class only 3 of us got full time jobs. 1 went reserve and the others lost their certs. Something to think about is all...........
    Last edited by Barbrady; 04-09-2007, 12:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fuzz1028
    replied
    started with 15 at cpcc, graduated 9. Everyone passed the test. I too am glad I went where I did.

Leave a comment:

• NC Marine
    replied
    Im actually surprised that so many people have failed the state exam. My BLET class started in Jan 2005 to June 2005 at CPCC. We started with 26 cadets and ended with 16. The 10 who didnt make it either quit on their own or failed tests throughout the course.

When we had our state exam, 16 took the test and 16 passed.

I am glad I attended the school I did.

Leave a comment:

• NC_Canes_Cop86
    replied
    Thanks, our class started with 21 now were down to 12 due to Personal, Physical, and Passing. The three P's that you need to be aware of. I'm not really worried though. Thanks for the tips.

Leave a comment:

• L.E.O._Hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by NC_Canes_Cop86
    Good Deal. Did you take your exam down at RCC. If you did I probably saw you. I was in the Day BLET course down there. Our state exam is May 18 but only 20 more days of training left.

Yeah I was there on March 30th. I rememeber you guys! I took my BLET at MCC. Im sooo glad its over! I already have a department that wants me on board!! I am starting the hiring process next week!! Good Luck with the rest of the course!! My take on the exam................not bad at all! Just study, study, study!! Reason being........My class started of with 17 ppl sitting for the exam. Only 7 of us passed! And only 5 are able to retest. I hope u guys have a better turn out.

Leave a comment:

• blazersgt
    replied
    For your information the State Exam is written on a 10th grade education level. So everyone is right on that the answers are in the BLET book. Just pay attention, read and do well on you weekly exams.

Leave a comment:

• NC_Canes_Cop86
    replied
    Good Deal. Did you take your exam down at RCC. If you did I probably saw you. I was in the Day BLET course down there. Our state exam is May 18 but only 20 more days of training left.

Leave a comment:

• L.E.O._Hopeful
    replied
    Good News!! I passed!! I just found out today!! I am sooo happy. Not everyone in my class passed, so thats a downer. But nonetheless Im done and ready for work!!!! Any agencies out there hiring? LOL Just figured I would throw that out there! Thanks for all the support!!

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    psst- How'd you do?

Leave a comment:

• L.E.O._Hopeful
    replied
    Well guys.......I did it and it felt pretty good! It actually wasnt as bad as I thought. There were a very few questions that stumped me, but in all, I think I did good. I went prepared and came out confident that I passed it! Bad thing is....I have to wait untill Monday to find out if I passed or failed. Im back to the nervousness. I mean I KNOW I passed!!!!!!!!! But I can't confirm untill I make that call to my director. So wish me luck!!

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    The state exam shouldn't be difficult if you've studied the course objectives. Also, if you did fairly well on the individual tests, you're going to be fine. Relax. Get a good nights sleep the night before and don't do anything out of the ordinary (IE-if you're not a coffee drinker then don't have coffee...don't do anything unusual is what I mean)

READ each question and ALL the answers before you jump at one. You're going to be fine....of course, I took it nine years ago...LOL

Leave a comment:

• Fuzz1028
    replied
    I have heard back from some, got turned down by 2. Background is in progress for another. I have some background stuff that is presenting a few hurdles for me, but it will happen eventually. Just apply a ton, don't put all your hopes in one or two departments. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• L.E.O._Hopeful
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the support! Im feeling better already. I figured with an overall class average of 95.5% on my test, I shouldnt have a problem on the exam. We are reviewing alot and Im surprised how much I have remembered. So wish me luck!! I will definitly give my input on it after I take it.

NC Marine - Richmond County, but by BLET is in Montgomery County

Fuzz1028 - Have you heard back from anyone? I started turning in Agency apps. and F-3's last week. I currently have 2 PD's and 2 SO's reviewing my packett. I hope to hear something from atleast one of them by this time in April.

Leave a comment:

• NC Marine
    replied
    fuzz1028, that picture is from the funniest SNL skit I can remember! Also sent you a pm earlier, get back with me when you can.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5015 users online. 325 members and 4690 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X