300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NC_Canes_Cop86
    Good Deal. Did you take your exam down at RCC. If you did I probably saw you. I was in the Day BLET course down there. Our state exam is May 18 but only 20 more days of training left.

Yeah I was there on March 30th. I rememeber you guys! I took my BLET at MCC. Im sooo glad its over! I already have a department that wants me on board!! I am starting the hiring process next week!! Good Luck with the rest of the course!! My take on the exam................not bad at all! Just study, study, study!! Reason being........My class started of with 17 ppl sitting for the exam. Only 7 of us passed! And only 5 are able to retest. I hope u guys have a better turn out.
    "Never look both ways without first looking straight"

Comment

Thanks, our class started with 21 now were down to 12 due to Personal, Physical, and Passing. The three P's that you need to be aware of. I'm not really worried though. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Im actually surprised that so many people have failed the state exam. My BLET class started in Jan 2005 to June 2005 at CPCC. We started with 26 cadets and ended with 16. The 10 who didnt make it either quit on their own or failed tests throughout the course.

When we had our state exam, 16 took the test and 16 passed.

I am glad I attended the school I did.
        John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

started with 15 at cpcc, graduated 9. Everyone passed the test. I too am glad I went where I did.
          “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
          ― Henry Ford

Comment

Congrats on passing BLET/State Exam. Do yourselves a favor and do not stop your pursuit of a job. The year will come up quickly. I was in the process with many different agencies but the length of time for the app. process can cut it close....depending. The job I ended up landing was within days of my BLET expiring. In fact, my probationary certs. from standards were not completed until after that time period. Just fyi...ya know. Don't be afraid to take a reserve job to keep your certs. if it comes down to it. Of the 12 from my BLET graduating class only 3 of us got full time jobs. 1 went reserve and the others lost their certs. Something to think about is all...........
            Last edited by Barbrady; 04-09-2007, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I agree Barbrady.

If you are currently attending BLET, some agencies will let you apply before you graduate, so then you can actually have a job when you do graduate or be real close to getting a job.

Either way, apply at several places...you dont have to take the first offer you get, and it keeps your options open.
              John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3936 users online. 276 members and 3660 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X