300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC State Exam Question

Hey guys and gals! I have some good news! I have successfully completed the classroom course of BLET. Might not seem like much for some, but I took the night course and it was 6 mths long and with a full time job! So if someone says its impossible, send them my way! But anyways, I sit for the state exam on Friday! For some reason I am really nervous about it. I know the material, but there are some areas that are still a little rusty. Does anyone, who took the exam, have any advice for what to do to calm my nerves? I've been studying for a good while now. I think I'm going to pass it, but I dont want to get too far ahead of myself. I've already submitted my F-3 and agency apps. to various agencies around my area. I looking to hear something by the end of April. I just dont want to get all excited about working for a particular place and mess around and fail the exam. I guess what I really want to know is: What is it like? , Are the questions confusing? , Is the test mainly from the course objectives?, etc.... Any advice would be great!
    "Never look both ways without first looking straight"

When I took the exam back in 2002 the questions were taken from the exams after each instruction block in BLET. You will have no problems, just relax and take your time and dont rush it. Good Luck, where are you looking to get hired?
    Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win

Comment

I took it this past december, it wasnt bad at all. If you did good on your weekly tests you will be fine. Also study the training objectives as most of the questions come from there. Study up and you will do fine. Congrats on getting through BLET. Now get those apps out so you dont end up like me, 4 months later and still not on anywhere!
      “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
      ― Henry Ford

Comment

All the answers are in the BLET manuals. Reread all the stuff that you are not sure about. The exam is not that hard, but it is not easy either.
        -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

I took it this past December as well, and I like you was nervous. All I can say is after I finished the test and turned it in, I wondered why I was so scared. Everybody is right, the questions comre from the objectives. Remember too, the amount of questions on the test couldnt possibly cover all of BLET, just the main points and a few important side notes. If you studied during class, and go over your stuff you will be fine. Good luck and let us know how you did.
          Susupect Suspect..I have a trianed K9 come out come out or you will be bitten.

Comment

Youll do fine. You studied for it, and made it this far.

Where abouts in NC are you?
            John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

fuzz1028, that picture is from the funniest SNL skit I can remember! Also sent you a pm earlier, get back with me when you can.
              John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the support! Im feeling better already. I figured with an overall class average of 95.5% on my test, I shouldnt have a problem on the exam. We are reviewing alot and Im surprised how much I have remembered. So wish me luck!! I will definitly give my input on it after I take it.

NC Marine - Richmond County, but by BLET is in Montgomery County

Fuzz1028 - Have you heard back from anyone? I started turning in Agency apps. and F-3's last week. I currently have 2 PD's and 2 SO's reviewing my packett. I hope to hear something from atleast one of them by this time in April.

Comment

I have heard back from some, got turned down by 2. Background is in progress for another. I have some background stuff that is presenting a few hurdles for me, but it will happen eventually. Just apply a ton, don't put all your hopes in one or two departments. Good luck
                  “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
                  ― Henry Ford

Comment

The state exam shouldn't be difficult if you've studied the course objectives. Also, if you did fairly well on the individual tests, you're going to be fine. Relax. Get a good nights sleep the night before and don't do anything out of the ordinary (IE-if you're not a coffee drinker then don't have coffee...don't do anything unusual is what I mean)

READ each question and ALL the answers before you jump at one. You're going to be fine....of course, I took it nine years ago...LOL
                    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Well guys.......I did it and it felt pretty good! It actually wasnt as bad as I thought. There were a very few questions that stumped me, but in all, I think I did good. I went prepared and came out confident that I passed it! Bad thing is....I have to wait untill Monday to find out if I passed or failed. Im back to the nervousness. I mean I KNOW I passed!!!!!!!!! But I can't confirm untill I make that call to my director. So wish me luck!!

Comment

psst- How'd you do?
                        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Good News!! I passed!! I just found out today!! I am sooo happy. Not everyone in my class passed, so thats a downer. But nonetheless Im done and ready for work!!!! Any agencies out there hiring? LOL Just figured I would throw that out there! Thanks for all the support!!

Comment

Good Deal. Did you take your exam down at RCC. If you did I probably saw you. I was in the Day BLET course down there. Our state exam is May 18 but only 20 more days of training left.

Comment

For your information the State Exam is written on a 10th grade education level. So everyone is right on that the answers are in the BLET book. Just pay attention, read and do well on you weekly exams.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3152 users online. 177 members and 2975 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X