Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina BLET

This thread is used for BLET questions!
    Last edited by blake_young; 01-28-2015, 11:55 AM.

Please keep this up, if daily is too tedious, a weekly update would always been great too. Thank You!

Comment

And just curious were you hired and going through training? Or paying this yourself?

Comment

Hey thanks for taking the time out of your day to read my post... In the state of NC, you are "sponsored" by a PD for school. This has no actual commitment to getting hired. Right now, I have a verbal commitment to a department but im not hired and being paid for the class. although I wish I was.

Comment

How hard was it getting accepted into BLET? What about the sponsorship? How difficult is that?

Comment

blake_young: I will go ahead and give you some solid advice before you get into the deep part of BLET. Always do what you are told 100% if and when an instructor asks why you did something a certain way explain why, then do it the way they tell you to. The things that they teach you will one day save your life. When I was in BLET we had wildlife officers for our PT they where no joke... Don't be the guy the in the class that thinks he is head and shoulders above anyone else. What everyone looks for is a solid team player. The person that does what is asked, and helps the ones that are struggling. This is what law enforcement is all about. Agencies don't want the guy who knows everything nor do they want the person who scores 100% on every test. They want the people who are willing to learn, and the ones that will give 100% every day they are on patrol. We also were not allowed to take pictures, and this is NOT crap. If you think the enemy doesn't look, or watch to see how we are trained you are mistaken. If the enemy knew how we trained, shot, etc how bad would that be for us? Its not crap just a way to protect ourselves. Good luck in your studies, and remember to have your eyes, and ears open if you believe it or not there is ALWAYS someone watching (Ex other departments / employers). Good luck blake_young!

Hangman: Its not hard most agencies will sponsor you if you are honest and upfront about who you are, and your previous history. A lot of the people in my class were not sponsored until the week of class. Others like me had a background investigator check them out, and make sure that they could indeed be sworn in. Before you start if you have a felony on your record, or have a mass amount of misdemeanors then LE might not be fore you. Not because your a bad person whatsoever, but because its a penalty to agencies. If you are a felon you can't carry a gun so thats a no go. Several misdemeanors make it look as if you are not very responsible. These are the facts, and hopefully you don't fall into these categories. Good luck to you in your endeavors.
            Last edited by Tip14; 01-13-2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3222 users online. 170 members and 3052 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X