300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Board

I have my first oral board ever with Raleigh PD this upcoming week. I've studied what the background investigator told me to plus a lot of other stuff. Anyone have any tips specific to this department?

For this or any department during boards. If you dont know a answer dont try to BS around it. Just say you dont know.Relax and speak slow and clear.

Comment

What do you have to study?

Comment

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
        For this or any department during boards. If you dont know a answer dont try to BS around it. Just say you dont know.Relax and speak slow and clear.
        Thank you. I didn't even think about that lol. Good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ncmountain View Post
          What do you have to study?
          According to my investigator, just basic things about the department. Everything he said is pretty much on the Raleigh city website. Obviously who the chief is, personnel, and things like that. I spent a lot of time rehearsing how I'd respond to common questions on a police oral board.

Comment

Passed it! It was actually really quick and easy, although I think it was easy because I have spent hours every day of the last few weeks studying lol.

Comment

Hey younger I msg'd you on PM

Comment

Hey guys, how long ago did you pass your assessment and poly?

I took my poly about a month ago (on 3 hours of sleep), and then passed the physical assessment 2 weeks ago (8/19). I haven't heard a thing from my recruiter yet as to whether I passed it (although I know I did based on my given scores on that day), and what my exact scores were. Getting a little nervous here. The only thing I can think of is that I failed the poly due to lack of sleep and my brain over-working, but wouldn't they have told me at the poly and not had me waste my time and theirs on the physical assessment? I'm hoping they're just getting to interviews/oral boards on the recruits from assessments a month prior to mine and that I'll be in the next batch. I'll probably give it another few days before I email the recruiter.

Comment

My understanding on my poly, was that he would have you back that afternoon or the very next slot if you failed it. Another "understanding" is that if you fail anything you know pretty soon and right away. You probably took the reading comprehension before the PT right? If you didn't pass that reading comprehension test you would have not even done the PT. I think that happened to one or two people during our PT day.

Comment

Originally posted by MKozazcki View Post
                    Hey guys, how long ago did you pass your assessment and poly?

I took my poly about a month ago (on 3 hours of sleep), and then passed the physical assessment 2 weeks ago (8/19). I haven't heard a thing from my recruiter yet as to whether I passed it (although I know I did based on my given scores on that day), and what my exact scores were. Getting a little nervous here. The only thing I can think of is that I failed the poly due to lack of sleep and my brain over-working, but wouldn't they have told me at the poly and not had me waste my time and theirs on the physical assessment? I'm hoping they're just getting to interviews/oral boards on the recruits from assessments a month prior to mine and that I'll be in the next batch. I'll probably give it another few days before I email the recruiter.
                    You passed the poly. They would have told you and you wouldn't have moved forward. It took me about 5 weeks between each step in the process. Just give it a bit more time and you will probably get a call from an investigator.

Comment

Originally posted by scotch20 View Post
                      Hey younger I msg'd you on PM
                      I replied. Let me know if you don't get it.

Comment

I got a call from my recruiter about 12 hours after I posted that and they are moving forward with my background investigation, took about 2 1/2 weeks from the time of my physical assessment, but now that the assessments are completely finishing up they're probably able to move through the remainder of the process more quickly

Comment

Originally posted by MKozazcki View Post
                          I got a call from my recruiter about 12 hours after I posted that and they are moving forward with my background investigation, took about 2 1/2 weeks from the time of my physical assessment, but now that the assessments are completely finishing up they're probably able to move through the remainder of the process more quickly
                          They should be moving quickly now because they need to get everyone hired for the academy soon. Hopefully the remainder of you guys go through your process without too much stress lol.

Comment

Hey guys, my investigator called yesterday and he said he had to finish up my summary and speak to my mother. As far as that, he said I am pretty much good to go. Does anyone know how long it takes from getting the go ahead from background to the oral? I had a oral interview with an agency in Maryland and I passed with no issues. I had 8 scenarios and 2 personal questions. Can anyone tell me what to look for as big questions for RPD? Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Also, being out of state, my understanding was that I would take the oral and get fingerprinted. The following day would consist of drug, med, and pysch. Is this accurate info? Thanks guys! Good luck and hope to see you guys in the academy!

Comment

I pm'd you back. Let me know if I didn't answer all your questions.

Originally posted by Rook620 View Post
                              Hey guys, my investigator called yesterday and he said he had to finish up my summary and speak to my mother. As far as that, he said I am pretty much good to go. Does anyone know how long it takes from getting the go ahead from background to the oral? I had a oral interview with an agency in Maryland and I passed with no issues. I had 8 scenarios and 2 personal questions. Can anyone tell me what to look for as big questions for RPD? Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Also, being out of state, my understanding was that I would take the oral and get fingerprinted. The following day would consist of drug, med, and pysch. Is this accurate info? Thanks guys! Good luck and hope to see you guys in the academy!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3164 users online. 176 members and 2988 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X