300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC "Police Culture"

For those of you who are current or retired LEOs in NC, how would you describe the way policing is conducted in this state?

Also, since there is no union protection, are departments more apt to fire someone for "silly" things?

As someone who once worked in a police union friendly state, you will definitely notice a difference in North Carolina. Goofy schedules created to blur the OT rules, low pay, arbitrary promotion processes, etc.

Comment

NCfive4:

Would you recommend a law enforcement career in NC?

Comment

If you have ties to the area, as I do, it's not a bad place to work. If, however, you are open and just looking for an LE job I would look elsewhere.

Comment

It depends on who you work for, ultimately. There are places, as mentioned, that blur things, look out for you as long as you're doing well and may or may not throw you under the bus if you screw up. But I feel like, based upon media and reading throughout here, that it really doesn't matter where you work. If you screw up (whether perceived or an actual you-effed-up-in-major-way), and it makes the news, you're goose is cooked.

There are also agencies that are CALEA certified and those seem to be good places that don't "blur the lines" and have strict policies in place etc to take care of themselves and their employees. Agencies that aren't CALEA certified are also good, just depends on the chief/politics.

So, it all boils down to what risks are you willing to take.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6471 users online. 359 members and 6112 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X